• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th June - Group A - Australia v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Time for Australia to say that it's not safe and that they'll have to return home. Isn't that their usual go to move?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Basically BD beating sides ranked above them in world events isn't a surprise anymore.
Nah, it still is, it's just that it's more of a "oh, really?" than a "What the **** are you saying, are you sure you didn't injure your head or something?"

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Lets be honest, BD putting on a win in a world tournament is still a massive WHAT. As muc has I've enjoyed Tamim and co over the last 18 months, they really aren't a top side or anywhere close. Having said that, they are much better to watch these days with some outstanding strikers.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Lets be honest, BD putting on a win in a world tournament is still a massive WHAT. As muc has I've enjoyed Tamim and co over the last 18 months, they really aren't a top side or anywhere close. Having said that, they are much better to watch these days with some outstanding strikers.
Nobody said they are a top side. They are a competitive side and no BD winning in a world tourney is not a "massive WHAT" because they have been doing exactly this regularly.

cnerd123

likes this
There are literally only 5 sides in the world clearly stronger than BD. If your definition of 'Top' side is arbitrarily limited to those 5 nations then sure, BD isn't a top side. But they're the best of the rest and that's pretty ****ing good

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I dare say this current Bangladesh side is as good or better than a lot of England teams that have competed in ICC comps over the years, and despite being crap no one ever said "wow England won a game"

It really is time they lost the "minnow" tag, as ***** says of course they're not one of the top sides........but they're not a **** easy beat side either.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
This is being blown way out of proportion. Bangladesh are miles off the top 5. They were 50-60 runs short with the bat at least against England after being way too watchful against a really naff bowling attack. Their bowling was the worst I've seen so far this tournament.

They may be slightly better than Pakistan and Sri Lanka but my god did you see Pakistan try and play cricket yesterday? It was hilarious. I'd say Bangladesh are only slightly better than Pakistan however. Maybe not minnow anymore but Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are whipping boys to the top 5 teams and they'll win more often than not, you always get the odd upset in sport.

cnerd123

likes this
I dare say this current Bangladesh side is as good or better than a lot of England teams that have competed in ICC comps over the years, and despite being crap no one ever said "wow England won a game"
That's because it never happened
:ph34r: