• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like you have picked the correct side that Kohli would pick and tbh it makes me a bit worried, one of Bhuvi/Shami needs to come in.
Both need to be in. Only one of Ashwin/Jadeja need to play since we have Jadhav and Yuvi, preferably Jadeja.

Dhawan Rohit Kohli Yuvi MSD Jadhav Pandya Jadeja Bhuvi Shami Bumrah

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Yuvi is not gonna make it to the XI for the first game and if we wanna get fancy, I will actually be ok with this XI...

Rohit (vc)
Dhawan
Virat (c)
Ashwin
MSD (wk)
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Yuvi is not gonna make it to the XI for the first game and if we wanna get fancy, I will actually be ok with this XI...

Rohit (vc)
Dhawan
Virat (c)
Ashwin
MSD (wk)
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah
Good god man, Rahane isn't that bad.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, I'd go for Dhawan and jadhav over Rahane too tbh. Jinx has been given enough chances now that dropping him won't be unjust. Dhawan was pretty good in the IPL and hes always stepped up in the icc tournaments in the past.

harsh.ag

Nah, I'd go for Dhawan and jadhav over Rahane too tbh. Jinx has been given enough chances now that dropping him won't be unjust. Dhawan was pretty good in the IPL and hes always stepped up in the icc tournaments in the past.
That's okay. He's going for Ashwin/Pandya over Rahane.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No coz I dont want us to drop either of the spinners or any of the 3 seamers I have picked. The other option is to go with 5 proper bowlers and play Rahane instead of Pandya but I think our top 3 will take us through the initial overs fine.. I am more worried about our lower order hitting which you need a lot of in England typically. Hence that mash up of a side. I did say it is if we wanna get fancy or funky. :p

OverratedSanity

I think Ashwin and Pandya could work at 6 and 7.

No idea why hb has Ashwin at 4 though. That's gavaskar levels of crazy.

cnerd123

likes this
Ashwin doesn't have the game for a six. He'd be a mediocre top 4 batsman but he's essentially useless batting any lower.

Might as well throw him in at 4, surround him with gun bags, and have him just feed them the strike and hold up and end in the middle overs

harsh.ag

Ashwin doesn't have the game for a six. He'd be a mediocre top 4 batsman but he's essentially useless batting any lower.

Might as well throw him in at 4, surround him with gun bags, and have him just feed them the strike and hold up and end in the middle overs
Even though Rahane exists. Could you ****s stop with your hipster rubbish already.

cnerd123

likes this
Even though Rahane exists. Could you ****s stop with your hipster rubbish already.
We're not getting 10 tidy overs from Rahane tho

Ashwin at 4 lets us have Pandya at 7, Jaddu 8, and then Bhuvi/Umesh/Shami. Slot Jadhav and MSD at 5 and 6, Kohli 3, and a pair of openers, and boom. Solid allround XI.

OverratedSanity

This is why Bangladesh will always remain a minnow.

harsh.ag

We're not getting 10 tidy overs from Rahane tho

Ashwin at 4 lets us have Pandya at 7, Jaddu 8, and then Bhuvi/Umesh/Shami. Slot Jadhav and MSD at 5 and 6, Kohli 3, and a pair of openers, and boom. Solid allround XI.
If you're playing Ashwin, along with Jaddu and three pacers, then you already have your 50 overs. Why play Pandya? Get Rahane in. If you think Ashwin would be a bad number 7, then have Jadhav come in at number 7 and Ashwin at 6.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its a terrible squad of batsmen. Pant or Iyer should be in there instead of Rahane and Ashwin shouldn't be playing ODIs given how poorly his body is coping with too many matches.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pant / K Pandya
H Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami/Umesh
Bumrah

A weaker spin department to add some lower order hitting would work in England.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If you're playing Ashwin, along with Jaddu and three pacers, then you already have your 50 overs. Why play Pandya? Get Rahane in. If you think Ashwin would be a bad number 7, then have Jadhav come in at number 7 and Ashwin at 6.

You just gonna pretend that I acknowledged that and even mentioned that in my very next post? :p

Look if the openers and 3 do a decent job, all you need at #4 is a guy who wil lrotate strike and not get stuck and can still hti the odd boundary with the 4 men outside rule. Ash ticks all the boxes. I do not see Rahane being SOO much better than him at that spot that warrants us giving up Ash's bowling in the bargain.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its a terrible squad of batsmen. Pant or Iyer should be in there instead of Rahane and Ashwin shouldn't be playing ODIs given how poorly his body is coping with too many matches.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pant / K Pandya
H Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami/Umesh
Bumrah

A weaker spin department to add some lower order hitting would work in England.

To be fair, I am ok with this side as my first option. But if Yuvi is going to be missing, we need a more solid bowler in the top 7 than the junk that Jadhav/Pandya are gonna bowl. Man I wish Rohit still bowled. Was decent for a while and looked like we had found ourselves another Sehwag.