• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Bailey in the Test squad? Because he's impressed me whenever I've seen him in ODIs, mentally he looks up to it.
Nah he's not, because he averaged about 18 in the Sheffield Shield season just gone. He was a bit unlucky though; he played a few games early on the season on an extremely green Hobart wicket, then CA threatened to dock points/issue fines if pitches were too bowler friendly, which is when all the other fringe batsmen started hitting some runs. The limited overs leg of the international summer had started by then though so Bailey was busy hitting ODI tons instead of increasing his Shield average like everyone else.

ajdude

International Coach
I like Bhogle, I know too much about cricket to take commentators seriously, so the more theatrical, colourful and funny commentators are my preference. Manjreker just says what I'm thinking in a dreary voice, while Bhogle does it in a bright voice and he has a great relationship with every commentator he works with. All IMO of course.
check out the brian taylor fanboy

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
bull**** review, someone down the order will probably get a shocker now. that is why you can't just plonk your front foot out and play against the spin kids.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How the **** does an International batsman get leg before wicket to that delivery? Wade is such a useless ****.

EDIT - took out the word quality after international..

Spark

Global Moderator
There are plenty of amusing jokes to be made about today's events.

None of them have been made by cricinfo commenters.