• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Jakester1288

International Regular
FTR, our first youth pull together.

Max Fox - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,066
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

He's pwnage. Gunna be on 1 stam, 3 bat and 1 field, hoping to be an under 19s prospect, then we might train him up to sell or to perhaps, hopefully, get to a national level if we go that way.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pete Alexander - 22 yo, BT Rating=7,982
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: *strong* Concentration: competent

If he was on the market how much would you pay for him?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Pete Alexander - 22 yo, BT Rating=7,982
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: *strong* Concentration: competent

If he was on the market how much would you pay for him?
I already told you that his low stamina makes him rubbish.

nibbs

International Captain
FTR, our first youth pull together.

Max Fox - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,066
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

He's pwnage. Gunna be on 1 stam, 3 bat and 1 field, hoping to be an under 19s prospect, then we might train him up to sell or to perhaps, hopefully, get to a national level if we go that way.
he isn't u19 material. he'd need to be at least respectable, and probably a high respectable at that

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Me and tait express123 both have imputs into that account. Will probably end up being fined or banned, but oh well. We can just make another! :p
Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure that isn't allowed, and would strongly advise against it, especially considering there's at least one member here who's a Battrick MOD.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
What do you mean by co-managed account, Jakester?
Me and tait express123 both have imputs into that account. Will probably end up being fined or banned, but oh well. We can just make another! :p
Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure that isn't allowed, and would strongly advise against it, especially considering there's at least one member here who's a Battrick MOD.
If you're caught with that (and yes, there's definitely one MOD around here), your joint team would definitely get locked down. For a first offence, you and tait express might get away with just a fine, but I wouldn't count on it, multiple teams being arguably the no.1 bad thing to do on Battrick.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scaly :ph34r:

If you lose your team you generally don't get one again for a while because they want to protect against people simply driving their team into bankruptcy so they can start again because they can't be bothered to build a good team. Same goes for multiple people using one account without talking to the mods. If you lose a team and sign up with a different account, and they find out, the longer you wait for the next team.

All as far as I know, btw.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A first look at the Division IV league I'm in for OD this season suggests I might be focusing on FC and 20/20 this time around :laugh:

Had a feeling it was a bad idea to go up, should have thought about it before the last game really. At least it won't be boring I suppose. Will be back in Div V next season anyway so no damage done (apart from the fact that some members are leaving already and we haven't even played a game...only 3, but how about showing a little bit of confidence in the team :dry:)

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
24/09/2009 First Class Predictions
The West Coast Wizards, coached by Hooper, will be looking to dominate its FC league this season. The team has had a major reshuffle with some useful additions and some crap tossed away. The scouts have been out on their FC opponents:

Bruck steamers - Bots, easybeats
Preston Pesterers - Very strong squad, likely champions
ReV CC - Bots, easybeats
Auburn Chatlaks - Bots, easybeats
the thala warriors - Bots, easybeats

So with only one other team that is active in its team management, the WCW will be looking to a successful season. It looks like the WCW will have to be happy with 2nd position, but if Preston lets the foot off the pedal then the WCW could claim first. With a massive innings defeat already last season by the hands of WCW, Preston will be looking to win the next encounter.
24/09/2009 BT20 Predictions
The West Coast Wizards coach, Hooper, has been very kind to his scouts, sending them on a week long tour of the other teams in their BT league... A working holiday of some sort.

Liams winners - Bot, easybeats
The Ladies - Team of stars, no chance of beating
Penni Chew - On par, beatable side
dannyisgod - On par, beatable side
Petes Irish Thugs - Good side, beatable if WCW go for it
Dominant Performance - Team of stars, will dominate
Dark Claw CC - Champion team, likely cup winners
Wishbone Ash - Bot, easy beats
123456 - Err, bot, easy beats
Limerick CC - Tough side, if stars play then too strong for WCW
Ingenious Indians - Bot, easy beats

With quite a few super strong sides, WCW won't be able to compete for the title but with a few bots and sides about even, a few wins would be nice.
24/09/2009 One Day League Predictions
West Coast Wizards coach, Hooper, has sent the scouts out on a little working holiday around the country to scout the new teams in its one day league in a bid to gain an early advantage on their opponents

Wombos Woofers - Absolute guns, obviously camping
YasMen - Very good team, no chance of beating
Banksys Beamers - Very good team, no chance of beating
DRAGONSXI - Very good team, no chance of beating
Cranbourne Cricket Club - Decent team, better on paper, but even
Sugarloaf CC - Bots, easy beats
Veradilla CC - Bots, easy beats

Very tough OD leage it seems for WCW. 4 very experienced and skilled teams make up the 8, with Cranbourne the only non-bot competition it seems. Likely position, 5th or 6th.
Looking forward to an interesting season.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You mean Allan?

Oh well, our co managed account is going along nicely. Scouring the TM has been fun, but now we must stop, as I just payed 52.5k for stadium updates.

53k or there abouts in debt, but a home game for the cup, and OD and FC, 3 of the next 4, will easily get us out.
omfg, ban him!

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Max Fox (2677223)

Max is a RH Batsman and RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: korora primary
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 5,066
Wages: £544 p/w

how much would you pay for this guy?

nibbs

International Captain
Max Fox (2677223)

Max is a RH Batsman and RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: korora primary
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 5,066
Wages: £544 p/w

how much would you pay for this guy?
about £20,000. if he was a New Zealander, that is.