• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got a Superb/Superb batsman at #9 and he's won me at least two games with the bat, so I'd keep the all-rounder personally.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on the temperment of your attack for mine. If you have other attacking bowlers, and need a steady bowler more then keep Winters. But if you need attacking bowlers keep the bowling all rounder.

Majin

International Debutant
You'd stop training an exceptional who's only 20!? You're out of your mind. Just the one bowling net, surely!
Hahah I didn't really think that was all that high for a 20 year old, have seen some crazy young players on BT. How much longer would you keep him on the bowling net for?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I'd probably leave the net on him until he's exquisite, so about two seasons.
Yep.

You do get some crazy young players, but that's due to people double- or triple- netting from 17yo. If you do the maths (or at least, manipulate the spreadsheet), you get much more value for your nets by single-netting for longer periods of time...as long as you don't train past 23yo (IIRC). That gives you enough scope for Exquisite, certainly, even if you start with a 17 1/2 yo Respectable. Only if you're (a) in a hurry, (b) starting training at lower skills or higher ages, or (c) wanting higher final skill levels, should you multiple nets.

IMHO. Not that that's doing me much good this season.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Possible cracker in the making at Edmonson Park...

End of Over 25: 108-5, runrate=4.32, reqrunrate=1.68 (149-10)
Weerappuli 3-0-10-0
Van schalkwyk* 8 (21 balls)
Gerrard 4 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Alawatta c. Drummond b. Knowles 8 (FOW: 99/5)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I double net until they're 19 usually, but from then on I agree. Though I'd train someone past 23 in everything bar primary.
Should have stated that I was talking about primary nets -- stamina and fielding are different.

I double net to players are elite, still finish training when they are 23. Just my two cents.
Well, if you will be a fancy-pants elite cup-winning team...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In all honesty I don't understand the theory of dropping a players primary nets once they are over 19. Personally I would double nets a player till they are masterful, basically 21 if they start at respectable. Yeah you might get more value from your nets with more nets on younger players. But the sooner you get your top players to the high levels required to perform at the levels you want, the better for your team's performance. Also means their experience is likely to be higher earlier.

That all persuming I'm not a farm side and take the game seriously.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I drop them because I generally need them elsewhere. I have good enough players to compete but my side lacks depth, so with already 3 star batsmen, I'd rather the rest take a bit longer so I get more of them to higher levels within a shorter time overall. If I was still building a core of my side I'd agree with you.

Majin

International Debutant
Alright cool, cheers for the advice guys. :) Gonna start training a new bat, I take it then that resp 17 year olds are the minimum these days? I remember when getting someone with Medicore primaries and stamina was a good trainee, simple times back then in the nub days.

How much exactly should I be paying for decent trainees on BT? have about 5.5 million to play with on the TM.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Bloody hell, I just beat current Championship and former I.1 side Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI by 7 wickets, chasing 290 on a green pitch. Unexpected, to say the very least. Add in a ludicrous ratings upset elsewhere in the league, and I'm second on NRR with the top three equal on points. Kewl, as I hear the kids say these days.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
7.Tim Mccammon - 17 yo, BT Rating=15,859 shortcut
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: respectable Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

andyc

Bryan Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=30,874
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: respectable

Sarwar Nizamuddin - 19 yo, BT Rating=45,669
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

Good day.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thought there might be one pop at the most this week, but quite a few actually.

Nicolas Dhindsa - 22 yo, BT Rating=74,542
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exquisite Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Jimmy Knowles - 22 yo, BT Rating=99,693
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: masterful Consistency: exquisite

Greg Stiemmie - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,081
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1.Farveez Samarasekera - 18 yo, BT Rating=36,467
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient

HeathDavisSpeed

Big win yesterday in my one day league. Incredibly, I am 4 points clear at the top now. There's no way I should be in Div 2, so even if I finish top I'm bound to lose any play-off that results.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Heh, yeah, saw you in the promotion table. Nice going. :)

Amid all this talk of training the elderly, Oleary pops to exquisite:

Carl Oleary - 24 yo, BT Rating=88,672
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is an attacking player with respectable leadership skills and sensational experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite

Yes, I know it's probably silly to still have a 24-year-old on a primary net, but I love Oleary and I want to make him happy. Really really need to get some new trainees now, though. Oleary, Pead, Janes and Bromby have all gone as far as they can go. If only I didn't get bored to tears within 30 seconds of looking at the transfer market...