• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season ten

nibbs

International Captain
the dream is still alive for whenuapai after a convincing win yesterday, just let me add.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Battrick Cup, Season Ten, Group Stage Draw

OK, as mentioned we got a round 32, so everyone goes into the main draw.

The 16 seeds, two into each group: Anchormen, Asterix XI, Beard XI, Boggles, Central Districts, Connells Estates CC, Cymru Gurgitaters, Dynamo Morpork, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers, Jamees 999ers, Jaffna Jets, Lancashire, Magical Ponies, Victoria Panthers, Whenuapai CC, Withington Wonderers

Draw:

Group A: Anchormen (5330), Citizens Erased (7153), Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033), Jamees 999ers (3765)
Group B: Jaffna Jets (2272), Leverock CC (6550), BEST Indies (3872), Central Districts (6385)
Group C: Connells Estates CC (384), Sad Decadent XI (6708), oz fans XI (6232), Withington Wonderers (425)
Group D: Swingers (10464), Whenuapai CC (1569), Tamil Eelam CC (9382), Magical Ponies (5409)
Group E: Four Pillars and Poor Fillers (4913), Alternative XI (4412), Dynamo Morpork (1837), Saggers Mob (6473)
Group F: Victoria Panthers (5776), Got Spin (5523), Lancashire (195), Kipper XI (4666)
Group G: Boggles (7145), Brackenhurst (5748), Beard XI (10135), Coco's Nuts (6533)
Group H: Asterix XI (1766), Cymru Gurgitaters (3688), Opening Balance (725), Tawonga Tigers (4929)

Fixtures:
Sunday 17 August: 1 v 2, 3 v 4
Sunday 24 August: 4 v 1, 3 v 2
Sunday 31 August: 1 v 3, 2 v 4

Second round (7 September)
A1 v B2
E1 v F2
C1 v D2
G1 v H2
B1 v A2
F1 v E2
D1 v C2
H1 v G2

and then logically onwards (winner match one plays winner match two and so on.) The tournament ends on 28 September, that's nine days after the final league game of the season.

There will be a plate, but as not everyone has signed up for it what will likely happen is this:
plate first round (7 September): all teams knocked out of group stage that wish to play plate
plate quarter-finals: winners of plate round 1 + losers of main tournament second round that wish to play plate - if this brings the total to more than 8 teams, some of the teams that won in plate round 1 will be eliminated based on their run rate in the matches played so far, or there won't be a tournament for the second round losers (haven't quite decided yet, advantages and disadvantages to both methods); if there's fewer than 8 teams some of the teams from round 2 (and, if necessary, teams that won in plate round 1) will be given byes to the semi-final on the same principle.

In case of a forfeit and a net run rate decision is needed for the group or to seed teams in the plate, teams will be deemed to have received the "average win" over the forfeiting team. If a team forfeits all three games it's fair on everyone.

Looks muddy, will be clearer once the tournament progresses.

Match list for Sunday 17 August:

Group A:
Anchormen (5330) vs Citizens Erased (7153)
Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033) vs Jamees 999ers (3765)

Group B:
Jaffna Jets (2272) vs Leverock CC (6550)
BEST Indies (3872) vs Central Districts (6385)

Group C:
Connells Estates CC (384) vs Sad Decadent XI (6708)
oz fans XI (6232) vs Withington Wonderers (425)

Group D:
Swingers (10464) vs Whenuapai CC (1569) - if Whenuapai reaches the NZ cup final then this match will be declared a tie with both sides earning one point.
Tamil Eelam CC (9382), Magical Ponies (5409)

Group E:
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers (4913) vs Alternative XI (4412)
Dynamo Morpork (1837) vs Saggers Mob (6473)

Group F:
Victoria Panthers (5776) vs Got Spin (5523)
Lancashire (195) vs Kipper XI (4666)

Group G:
Boggles (7145) vs Brackenhurst (5748)
Beard XI (10135) vs Coco's Nuts (6533)

Group H:
Asterix XI (1766) vs Cymru Gurgitaters (3688)
Opening Balance (725) vs Tawonga Tigers (4929)

Home team to challenge, and post here that they've challenged, by Friday 15 August midnight BT-time, or the away team wins by forfeit. Away team must accept by Saturday 16 August noon BT-time.

In game mails sent to everyone as a reminder, btw.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The first game will be key for me. I may have a higher Battrick rating than the Sad Decadent XI, but a fair bit of my rating comes from the batting strength of my lower order. Generally speaking, I think the Decadents have a very good chance to beat me.

Especially if I play like I did against Clapo last year.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think ill struggle. Will need to rest my best players due to already troublesome fitness problems

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for the reminder mail, Hak. Am travelling atm so won't be on the net all the time, so would appreciate if teams could challenge me early on to give me enough time. Cheers :)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Thanks for the reminder mail, Hak. Am travelling atm so won't be on the net all the time, so would appreciate if teams could challenge me early on to give me enough time. Cheers :)
What happens if I challenge on Friday and Andy doesn't get time to challenge. Do I win? :ph34r: