Page 62 of 585 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

PY
    Code:
    Batting	- 	12 14 7 12 11 6 5 = 67 (sup)
    Conc	-	10 11 7 11 9  3 5 = 56 (prof)

Bowling - 	14 10 10 16 11	  = 61 (rem)
    Cons	-	8  9  9  10 10	  = 46 (strong)

Stamina - 	6 6 5 7 3 6 6 7 7 5 6 = 64 (med)
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Code:
    Batting	- 	11 11 11 11 11 7 7 = 69 (superb)
    Conc	-	10  9  8  7  7 4 4 = 49 (resp)

Bowling - 	14 11 11 11 9	  = 56 (quality)
    Cons	-	10  7  5  7 9	  = 38 (prof)

Stamina - 	8 5 5 5 6 7 4 5 5 7 5 = 62 (comp)
    Fielding -      3 2 2 3(10) 4 1 6 3 5 5 3 = 47 (mediocre)
    Not great but it could be a lot worse. Still have a lot of work to do on secondaries and stamina. Pretty happy with the primaries though, at this stage in my team's development.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 20-09-2007 at 02:20 AM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

I want to sell one of my bowlers and upgrade to an exceptional/sensational F or FM bowler, have 4m in the bank at the moment, how much do you reckon I'd need to grab one, about 9mill? The two bowlers I'd sell would be:

Code:
    Doug Swart - 20 yo, BT Rating=16,240
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, lively
    A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: 	mediocre 	Concentration: 	worthless
    Bowling: 	quality 	Consistency: 	competent (extremely close to resp)
    Fielding: 	woeful
    Code:
    Premalal Seneviratne - 21 yo, BT Rating=27,627
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
    A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
    Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: 	woeful 		Concentration: 	worthless
    Bowling: 	remarkable 	Consistency: 	strong
    Fielding: 	competent
    I'd prefer not to sell Seneviratne but if I have to. How much do you reckon each should fetch?
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    You could probably get an exceptional for under 9m, NorCricket sold an exceptional/exceptional for 8.5 recently. Saw a sensational/sensational go for 12m though. You'd have to sell Seneviratne, Swart shouldn't fetch much.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Would get a bit short of 4m for Swart, more like 5-6m for Seneviratne.

You could train either player another level in primary and get quite a bit more for them.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Seneviratne's not getting nets anymore, Swart's getting 1 bowl 1 field. I'd prefer to train for the skills gain of my side as opposed to training for profit (though you can argue training for profit does improve the skills of your side).

I might just sit on it for a season and upgrade Swart at the end of the season (he should be about the exact same as Seneviratne now by then)

I wouldn't bother with the fielding net, I'd give both of them just the one bowling net (although they both need more stamina). The fielding net will add little value, fielding is barely valued on the transfer market in players like yours and the extra level of consistency will only add a few peanuts to the price you'll get. They'd both pop in bowling inside a season, Seneviratne taking around 16-17 weeks if you're starting from bottom of the level. An extra level of bowling primary will get you over a million extra if you sell.

Oh and I just bowled out my BT20 opposition out for 46. Their batting looks a bit different but they still had their 25k wage guys at 2 & 3 - they got wonderful/respectable batting last game.

I guess if I'm going to sell Swart at the end of the season I may as well use his other net to take Seneviratne up to Wonderful. I know they both need stamina, everyone needs stamina in my side actually. None above comp, none below med. I've got an easy FC league anyway so not many of them will play.

Anyone know the exact amount of weeks a player should pop in secondaries on a keeping, fielding and primary net. I should have two nets free in five weeks. But im not sure if i should keep for fitness training or give them to my spinners to get their secondaries around superb (both are at quality/respectable and quality/medicore ATM).

If i keep them as stamina nets i should get most of my side to respectable stamina by the end of the season. I've been told they pop every 4 weeks, but if its closer to 5 weeks i might keep the nets as stamina nets.

Stamina pops every 6 weeks on one net, occasionally you'll get a pop on 5 weeks. Secondary pops depend on the age, at 20 you'll get about 1 concentration pop every 13 weeks on one batting say, but if you had a fielding net too then you'd get 2 concentration pops (and 1 consistency pop) every 13 weeks, if you had a wicket-keeping net on top of that you'd get 3 concentration pops (and 2 consistency pops) every 13 weeks.

So it simply adds like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Stamina pops every 6 weeks on one net, occasionally you'll get a pop on 5 weeks. Secondary pops depend on the age, at 20 you'll get about 1 concentration pop every 13 weeks on one batting say, but if you had a fielding net too then you'd get 2 concentration pops (and 1 consistency pop) every 13 weeks, if you had a wicket-keeping net on top of that you'd get 3 concentration pops (and 2 consistency pops) every 13 weeks.

So it simply adds like that.
    Makes sence i guess.

Out of interest how would that affect an all rounder on a batting and bowling net, in regards to secondary pops. Would that mean they pop every 3 weeks then?

Might just try it out for a while as i guess the whole thing training thing is just trail and error.

It means they'd get 1 pop every 13 (or whatever) weeks on both concentration and consistency. It would be 2 pops every 13 on both if you gave them a fielding net as well, 3 pops every 13 on both if you gave them an wicket-keeping net on top of all that.

Just got bowled out for 97 in the BT20...and then won by 26 runs! That's Total Cricket taken care of...who will I get in the QFs?

Probably Scaly.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Anyone else notice the skewered fixtures page? Not looking for FC.
    orz

Thread Information