• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure it'll just be new teams in Div VI.

BTW, someone bid on Harewood ASAP, 7.9m.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know if my man Dolan is a potential under 19er or not?

Roland Dolan - 17 yo, BT Rating=16,928
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, drained
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
End of Over 4: 37-3, runrate=9.25, reqrunrate=8.69 (175-1)
Lund 2-0-16-2
Herbert* 18 (11 balls)
Crouch 0 (3 balls)

OK, time to stay in...

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Ain't that typical! The first time in The Gurs' history we've had Sub TFL, and they go and scrap it!!!

Have a tricky 3rd round match against another Div III side, who are almost identically matched, I have the better players, but they have more decent players. Think I can hopefully take them, as they've come out of a tougher group than myself, and most of their key players are Lively and Invigorated. Going to PAN, because A, it'll be a good test for the league next season, and B, if I GFI now, then I'll have shot my bolt for the rest of the competition.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Playing a team with a sensational top order and remarkable pace bowling arsenal tomorrow.

Guess what, their spin bowling is useless, so all their pacemen are probably bloody gun.

Oh well, atleast it'll help my PFLs a bit.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my BT20 match reasonably comfortably, got a similar opponent again next round. Main players still sublime, except for Harewood (energetic). Think we're down to 64 places now.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Now watch the market price for a competent or respectable primary soar...
Maybe competent or respectable stamina players. Against any half decent side there not much difference in performance of medicore players to respectable. Only really makes a difference against fellow medicore to repectable players. Thats just my opinion and you probably find many who think other wise.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Makes sense Tharmi...*nod*. It's why I haven't really been buying any players, just the one 18yo. Improving the stamina of my main players though, let them play a lot more games. Especially with PFL playing a much bigger role.

Would I be right in saying that a player can't play OD and FC, and perform reasonably well in them, without draining their PFL like anything.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think if you've got a superb stamina one-skilled player (as in someone who just bowls or just bats) then they'll be able to play 80-90% of the time without their PFL dropping more than the odd level. Batters might be able to play all the time.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Playing III.11 side Over and Out. Put in and made a competitive 211/3 on a green-top. Staveley 100* (63), Greening 98 (44). Fell away badly in the last four overs, should really have got 240'odd.

But at least I'm in the match, they have more batting depth than me, but nobody of Greening's quality, so I guess it remains to be seen how good a score 211 will turn out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.