• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
End of Over 21: 150-1, runrate=7.14
Mhabuthangeni 4-0-23-0
Zonke* 96 (68 balls)
Giles 36 (39 balls)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mahindinho said:
You know me too well ;)

Ta for that.

I've gotten all confused with Hattrick again, having set my orders for both games at the same time last night (after a couple of beers, it must be said). I'm playing Hookers, a side currently 6th or 7th in my league, but with ratings better than that would suggest. They pulled off a good win against one of my title rivals recently, so I'm taking no chances - Normal, I think, with most of my batsmen set a touch defensively.

I'm experimenting with setting lots of batsmen "normal" and seeing how they get on.

UPDATE: 44/5 now. Nice.

Good to see some nice wins for lots of the CW folk, especially Chaulk and AndyC. NZTailender's done well too, despite the heavy defeat :)
You've got them out already... :mellow:
End of Over 22: 68-10, runrate=3.09
Brooker 5-1-21-4
Rosenior* 0 (1 balls)

Wasn't actually 22 overs, was 21.4.

Btw, may as well let you all in on how my game went. TIEd knowing it would be a tricky game...

Nomad Warriors 4/328 from 50.0 overs
Mcmillan 2/81 (10.0)
Payton 0/43 (10.0)

Anchormen 319a.o. from 49.1 overs
Mcmillan 155 (115)
Wolfenden 69 (70)
Millard 43 (69)

I was 4/298 after 44 overs - shocking collapse. I TIEd, which made all the difference... Bowlers were absolutely pummelled, Payton the only person to go for less than 6 an over. However, Mcmillan staked his claim on that opening spot. A bit pissed off, but ah well, I ran the risk and paid the price for it. Starting to see the point of the anger of some towards Allan's "I see no problem with the match engine", though I'm determined not to blame the loss on some fictitious collapse bug.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That shocking bug's cost you the game. 29 off 24 balls, 6 wickets in hand should never end with the team all out.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 24: 109-1, runrate=4.54
Graham 7-2-17-0
Clemence* 17 (22 balls)
Forder 47 (69 balls)

slightly worried
he's probably on GFI
luckely im on normal, so should win it ,he's 2nd in table.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Played a 2nd string side and won my game pretty easierly:

Curly's Crew 254 All Out
Jeithoon 4/52(10)
Baptiste 3/66(10)
Kinsella 2/40(10)

Jaffna Jets 3/257 (41.3)
Nurse 135(140) - MOTM
Obeysekera 51(46)

Thats Jeithoon best bowling so far, took all his wickets in his last spell. I might use him as a depth bowler more often. Seems to struggle at No 2 and doesn't take any wickets bowling in the middle overs bowling first change. Thats also Obeysekera 1st fifty, really the first chance his had a decent bat. Might open the batting with him and Nurse more often against the crap teams.

Also i seem to always roll my sides pretty easierly in the last ten, i never had as bad collapse as Rob and other have had. This match the other team went from 4/217 to all out for 254, 6/37.

I think one of the main reason for these collaspe is the way most team build their sides. Some teams only have like three good batsmen and after you get past them, you can roll the rest of the sides pretty easier. Most teams don't have any tailenders that can bat, so once you get past 6 or 7, you can take 4 quicks wickets. Also i've noticed that teams still go for the slog even if they are lossing wickets.

I think there problem, but a lot of its down to the lack middle order or lower order and the fact that most teams bowl their best bowlers at the depth. Im not sure what Rob's lower middle like, im pretty sure his got a really good top 5. But lets say they are respectable and the other team is bowing their best bowlers, strong plus, it is somewhat understandable that they might roll the rest batting line up. If they are still going for a slog.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
'tinho - that's pretty unlucky. Official line seems to be that there was a collapse bug at the start of the season, but that _has_ been fixed. I'm still undecided, tending towards the "bowlers in BT have unrealistically poor batting skills" viewpoint.

I may change my tune next season though, when (hopefully!) I'm in II and being bowled out more regularly.

I'm 21/3 now - Perry last out, so I think that should be Reed and McGregor gone cheaply. Sandwith, two all-rounders and my WK left now.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Ignore my amazing victory, why don't ya.
What? There was an amazing victory somewhere? ;)

BTW, I'm hoping to make my first* trip to the City of Manchester stadium next month, in the Spurs end.

* Technically second, as I went there for the Rugby 7s during the Commonwealth Games.

alternative

End of Over 31: 228-1, runrate=7.35
Mhabuthangeni 9-0-60-0
Zonke* 150 (103 balls)
Giles 58 (64 balls)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mahindinho said:
'tinho - that's pretty unlucky. Official line seems to be that there was a collapse bug at the start of the season, but that _has_ been fixed. I'm still undecided, tending towards the "bowlers in BT have unrealistically poor batting skills" viewpoint.

I may change my tune next season though, when (hopefully!) I'm in II and being bowled out more regularly.

I'm 21/3 now - Perry last out, so I think that should be Reed and McGregor gone cheaply. Sandwith, two all-rounders and my WK left now.
That fixed collapse bug was more of a 'teams randomly get skittled for sod all' bug, the effects of which were probably exaggerated in the first place by the present code which inflicts these insane collapses. I do think Allan intended tailenders to bat better than they do, it's just the collapse generally overpowers everything and we rarely get to see the tailenders bat normally.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mahindinho said:
What? There was an amazing victory somewhere? ;)

BTW, I'm hoping to make my first* trip to the City of Manchester stadium next month, in the Spurs end.

* Technically second, as I went there for the Rugby 7s during the Commonwealth Games.
Considering I've been bowled out in the 70's twice, once for 30, once for 27 etc me making 280-odd is a miracle, this season anyway.

And I'll never get to go there :(

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
'inho wins by 7 wickets. Gun ratings -

Withington Wonderers
Top Order: superb
Middle Order: respectable
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: superb
Spin Bowling: remarkable
Fielding: feeble

alternative

Having a top game today

End of Over 44: 323-1, runrate=7.34
Sebe 10-0-71-0
Zonke* 185 (129 balls)
Giles 115 (118 balls)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
God, someone list a player for a reasonable price so I can buy them.

Gonna get kicked by NorCricket today, will have to use a competent bowler after stupidly selling Crabb and Subasinghe at the same time. Set a flat pitch in the hope that I don't get skittled, and optimistically playing on PAN.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowled the opposition out for 185, last 5 went down for 4 runs. Horne took the last 4 wickets to end up with an unlikely 5-fer.

Status
Not open for further replies.