• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Well Chanderpaul (remarkable) is destructive, and so's Singh who's going to be my pinch hitter, though others are steady.

Chanders is key though so that makes sense though it's Wednesday (obviously :p) and it's only at green so will it make H&F?
Just in case I was unclear I meant about the gun bats for the cup game against the remarkable seam. H&F is next to green in the changes so it only takes 1-2 days to change from one to the other.

I lost on an uber-flat pitch cause some complete donkey scored a quick 100.

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Just in case I was unclear I meant about the gun bats for the cup game against the remarkable seam. H&F is next to green in the changes so it only takes 1-2 days to change from one to the other.

I lost on an uber-flat pitch cause some complete donkey scored a quick 100.
What do you reckon about the Friday game then? Was my logic wrong about going for a H&F for that game?

I assumed they weren't far off so H&F for both? Guess the Friday one is slightly more open-ended because the ratings difference is only one level on one part.

Going for normal I reckon on both.

Scaly piscine

May as well just do the same on Friday I guess H & F, hope for a 300+ fest and have your destructive and attacking guys score most of the runs so you win. I'd be careful with Singh tho, the game might just decide that he'll score a bizarrely slow 50 off 90 balls or something if he's much below the bowlers skill - Adam should have experience of that with his Vimesh Malik.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it's not really possible to give someone a pinch hitter role in BT. Malik is destructive but rarely scores quickly because of his relatively low batting skill. Career SR is ~67. Think his slowest was a 10 off about 50 balls from no. 3 which effectively lost me the game. Still use him up the order occasionally against weaker teams or when I'm worried about collapsing. He gets out for ducks a lot though, probably to do with his temperament.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
andyc said:
Can you post their wages, JJ? That's really the only way to tell
Sure can Andy.

10. Saurav **** - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,558
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble
2x batting, 1x fielding, wage £2,587

7. Ashwatthama Singh - 18 yo, BT Rating=6,347
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless
1x bowling, 1x fitness, wage £858

18. Walter Beckwith - 18 yo, BT Rating=4,239
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless
1x bowling, wage £446

Cheers.

Scaly piscine

First two should be pretty close if you've been training them like that since the wages were recalculated (just before the start of this season).

PY

International Coach
Singh is well below the skill level of the other guys, that's for sure. He's only a comp, he's comp-prof with resp stamina & he's destructive.

He seems to be able to finish an innings off well like getting 50 off 35 balls but as you say, quite prone, if required to stick around, he gets out.

Think H&F with my order shuffled about a bit may be the way forward. Though I can see my bowling attack getting hit for 400+. :laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The GMs claim there have been no emails sent to that account. Send it again, if it doesn't work just send it to me and I'll post it in the mod forum.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Have decided to start playing Giles

6. Gene Giles - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,257
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

over Rock

12. Bernie Rock - 25 yo, BT Rating=7,226
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Hopefully his bowling will help make up for that lose in batting skill

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yep, I'd say so.

Got a fairly big game tomorrow, against this team that is -in all honesty- pretty average, but he really rates himself as a contender so he won't roll over, and he'll try to pull something tricky (a GFI or something). Still confident that I can win, though. I've got pessimistic morale, so I need to win the next 3 games at least (which I'm fairly confident of doing), but I think I can win at least the next 5 without much fuss. Need this result to go my way though, 'else it'll be damn tough.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
V has been a rollover this season, and I expect IV being that also next season.

III im coming back to you :wub:

Scaly piscine

I read somewhere that the FC divisions aren't getting redrawn, no idea if that's true or not. Anyway for something to do I had a look at my FC division again... Still looks pretty nice really.

hespeler hitmen
Top Order: superb
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: feeble

That's the next best team after me. My OD division is much tougher (even tho I'm on 5 wins out of 5 and then the next 4 teams are on 3 wins), with 4 teams of similar strength to me and another that's not bad. Anyway I'm up against a team I should destroy tomorrow (comp/comp batting, mediocre seam, feeble spin).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys i was wondering how many backroom staff (not including trainers) you guys have. ATM i have 750k in the bank and i have the following staff members:
- 2 PR
- 2 Financial Advisors:
- 5 Sports Psychologists:

How do you reckon i should get, im not going to buy any players until FC starts again, just save, so i want to build my club up. I already expanded in stadium, with the expansion of Chaminda Vaas Members Stand and Muttiah Muralitharan Chuckers Stand. Now im just looking to build my backroom.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I've been deep in my plotting shed trying to work out just how to beat Cow Corner, the CC team I've got up next in the cup. Here are our likely ratings (assuming PAN and the "usual" lineups):

Code:
              cow corner       Withington Wonderers (me)
Top Order:    quality     11   superb      10
Middle Order: strong       9   respectable  7
Lower Order:  woeful       3   abysmal      2
Seam Bowling: remarkable  12   superb      10
Spin Bowling: superb      10   remarkable  12
Fielding:     mediocre     5   feeble       4
His bowlers are far better than mine - BTRs of 146k, 67k, 64k, 51k and 15k! I think my top two batsmen are better than his, though, despite the ratings. BTR isn't everything.

Cow Corner have tough Friday fixture against The Tykes, the manager of which has promised to try and knacker them out for me! I've got a reasonably straightforward match, on the other hand.

Nooga - DEFINITELY play Giles - there's no substitute for class ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.