• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hey, Trev's back in the building, with a new, younger, even fatter, and impossibly more psychotic guide-dog!

I will write more later, but I've got to shoot to a meeting and work my way through the eighty pages you lot wrote while I was away.

But two V.quick things, A, any Cup failures like me up for a friendly? and B, Adam, if you're about, please could you grab me an YP, with 8 Stam, 12 Bat, 12 Conc, and 3 Field?

Good to be back, Trev

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could do with a friendly to be honest. May or may not be full strength, not sure how Canning's fitness will be.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Good Stuff, look forward to our match Tom.

In my absence, things are ticking along okay I suppose. There are eight pretty identical sides in my league, with four slightly ahead of the rest, of which I'm one. So far I'm 2:1 from my opening three league matches. This by no means puts me out of the running, as I think the winner of our league is going to have lost three or possibly even four games, but equally I could win nine or ten matches and find myself in a relegation playoff. So Far this season I'm pulling pretty consistent ratings of Prof/Resp/Abs - Resp/Prof/Feeb, although I am in a bit of trouble, as I had to PAN all my games while I was away, and so I've missed out on my only real opportunities to TIE in the first two rounds of the Cup. Consequently my fitness is only Fair, with league matches which all require me to at least PAN, and having also lost a league and a Cup match, my morale is also only Animated. Having said that, I'm going to tinker with the batting order on Friday, for yet another top-of-the-table clash, and hopefully I can get my top order up to Strong, without dropping the middle to Comp. Plus my rooky RM, Wilde, popped to Prof yesterday, so he'll take his league bow on Friday, replacing Resp Edworthy, and hopefully that'll nudge my seam rating up towards Prof.

Had quite a few pops wile I was away, which have considerably altered the complexion of my side. Patel has reached Strong/Resp Bat, and Cash Resp/Sup Bat, Strong/Prof bowl, so they've had their nets pulled, in order to provide extra room for the bowling trainees.

Here's my best CI now.

1. Alton Staveley (1 Bat Net) (374819)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 18,819 (+28)
Wages: £4,983 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

2.*. Neale Patel (314162)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Nationality: Australia Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 15,195 (-14)
Wages: £1,961 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

3.+. Joe Noon, (1xBat 1xWK), (444923)
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Battrick Rating: 22,748 (+723)
Wages: £3,034 p/w
*Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

4. Doug Greening, (1xBat 1xWK, soon to be 2x Bat once he reaches Prof Conc), (334385)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Battrick Rating: 27,661 (+502)
Wages: £8,406 p/w
*Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: remarkable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: proficient

5. Sarwar Qureshi (1054164)
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 9,124 (+78)
Wages: £1,411 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

6.B4. Steve Cash (62700)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Battrick Rating: 27,324 (+843)
Wages: £3,077 p/w
*Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: superb
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient
Fielding: competent

7. Trevor Wynne-willson (302218)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Battrick Rating: 4,717 (+205)
Wages: £494 p/w
*Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

8.B1. Gene Bewers, (1xBowl), (326242)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 20,863 (+413)
Wages: £5,103 p/w
*Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient

9.B2. Jon Wilde, (2x Bowl), (939069)
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 7,426 (+269)
Wages: £944 p/w
*Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

10.B5. Theo Bent (523939)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Battrick Rating: 8,327 (+4)
Wages: £1,136 p/w
*Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble

11.B3. Shaun Bridges m (101754)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 13,923 (+805)
Wages: £3,533 p/w
*Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

12TH Man. Glen Zonke, (1x Bowl, 1x Stam), (934691)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, woeful bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 5,414 (+476)
Wages: £899 p/w
*Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble

My most urgent priority is to get a decent No.7, I know I could get better than Wynne-Willson for virtually nothing, but A, he's the best fielder out of my dross, and B, I kind'a have an emotional attachment to him, as, with the demise of Edworthy, he's the last surviving member of my starting squad - But I will pull my finger out soon.

Zonke will take over from Bent soon, but then again I think Zonke is going to be high maintenance with his stam. When he gets to Prof, I think I'll list him for a Mill, and if there's no takers I'll carry on training him. A Mill would however represent a 500% profit on his purchase price.

I probably need another Strong+ bat as well, but funds are short, so that's going to have to wait for a lucky pull from the academy. BTW, Spotted Carroll Adam, tar for that, but up to your usual standard:-) Although he must be pretty close to Comp, SP, how long do you think it would take to get him there on one batting net? If it's a week or so, I might train him up and flog him on.

Davy Carroll (1099270)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Battrick Rating: 3,932
Wages: £434 p/w
*Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Tar, Trev

Scaly piscine

Hope you actually meant Greening is on 1 fielding and 1 bat, having a wicket-keeping net does exactly the same for secondaries as a fielding net and as he's not a wicket-keeper the fielding is obviously more useful. As for your YP he could pop in 1 week, then again he could take 7-8 weeks.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
No, Greening is on a WK net. For a while he was on WK and fielding, so I could have three bites of the cherry in trying to boost his lagging Conc, but I ditched the fielding net because I didn't want to pay for any higher than Prof fielding. I figured I could give him a WK net until he got to mid Feeb, and it wouldn't have any effect on his wage, wheras Strong Field would cost me an extra £300/£400 P/W. When I have to, I will reinstate his fielding net, ((although I'm going to give him a final blast on two batting first), it's just that I haven't noticed a big enough benefit to fielding to justify the extra cost.

Tar, I might give that YP a week, two tops, to see if I can get him to Comp, then flog him on regardless.

Cheers, Trev

PY

International Coach
Sold my turd YP for 42k. Happy with getting half the investment back as he was rubbish.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Jon Grewcock - 29 yo, BT Rating=7,791 [transfer listed]
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

on for 100k, surely someone must buy him? 100k is cheap for a profic bowler imo.

Scaly piscine

No, Greening is on a WK net. For a while he was on WK and fielding, so I could have three bites of the cherry in trying to boost his lagging Conc, but I ditched the fielding net because I didn't want to pay for any higher than Prof fielding. I figured I could give him a WK net until he got to mid Feeb, and it wouldn't have any effect on his wage, wheras Strong Field would cost me an extra £300/£400 P/W. When I have to, I will reinstate his fielding net, ((although I'm going to give him a final blast on two batting first), it's just that I haven't noticed a big enough benefit to fielding to justify the extra cost.

Tar, I might give that YP a week, two tops, to see if I can get him to Comp, then flog him on regardless.

Cheers, Trev

I highly doubt they'd make fielding so useless that an extra full level wouldn't be easily worth an extra 6-7 grand a season.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hmm, I hadn't really thought of it like that, but I suppose you're right. I was just thinking in terms of keeping his wages to manageable proportions. Mind you, it's fairly academic now, because as soon as he reaches Prof Conc I'm giving him two batting nets until the end of the season, by which time I'm hoping he'll be part-way up Wand, when I'll look at things again.

Two quick points which are weeks out of date now, but I'm only just getting through the back-log.

Firstly, WRT the scandal of NT managers calling up Bot players simply so they can be sold - Aside from the obvious nepotism involved, whereby you get an unfair advantage if you're in with the NT manager - I don't see who loses out by this practice. In fact I think that a way forward would be to have an automatic process whereby any player with a BTR of say 20K+ in an inactive side is automatically transfer listed. This would keep good players, if not international standard players, in the game, and would also be a small step towards countering TM inflation, which appears to be running rampant.

Secondly, if some clubs are reluctant to offer their best players up for U19 and NT service, because of unavailability and PFL issues, would it be a good idea to give U19 and NT managers ten training nets of their own, to use on players in their squad. This would allow international players to progress more quickly, and would also be an incentive to get in the squads as it would free club nets up for other trainees.

Just a couple of thoughts anyway, now I'm back into my time machine bound for page 223.

Later, Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.