• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well, I wasn't expecting any pops, but I got one anyway:

Code:
Phil John - 21 yo, BT Rating=45,821
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina:  respectable  Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting:  abysmal  Concentration:  mediocre
Bowling:  [B]WONDERFUL     [/B]Consistency:  remarkable
Fielding:  competent
It's now a race between him and Sandwith to see who hits Exceptional first - they're both double-netted, and Sandwith's got a bit of a headstart, but John's a year younger.

Actually, who am I kidding? Sandwith's going to get there first, 'cos he's ace :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, what's the team like now, Mahind(a/inho)? From this angle, it's starting to look reeally gun. I think you've got 3 other bowlers who are quality? Closing in on remarkable? Realistically, you're just one gun batsman away from being a really, really good side.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Bit of a boring training session, but have some primary pops on the way in a week or two. Just the one today, for my wickie and opening batsman:
Actually I just found another one :).

11. Sam Pead - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,097
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

That makes my attack 4xrespectable, 1xcompetent. Not spectacular, but getting rapidly better. Should have my first proficients in a week or so, too. Aces. :)

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
poptastic:

Bernie Brazier - 20 yo, BT Rating=7,329
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Christian Person - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,956
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Christopher Thorne - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,480
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Happy about Thorne - he popped to prof the first net I gave him after landing him last week. Though I guess with wages at £1,253 p/w, he's got a fair bit of bat work to do. Maybe two for him.

Down points include getting my arse handed to me in the cup, and a chap whose BTR last week dropped 400 upon purchase, dropping another 35 or so after receiving a batting net this week to 4000. Sucks to be in his form :laugh:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooh, I'd imagine Thorne is your main W/K trainee? I'd consider stopping training Brazier, as he's already 20 and Thorne is already a better W/K. What's your net assignment like?

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
Brazier was a mistake aquisition (too many windows open, in last minute bidding war on too many players - yeah, I've been bored lately), and so now is an experiment it getting my money back. He popped first net too, so maybe he's done already. Hasn't done too badly though for me as a bat (my stocks are quite low)

Yep, Thorne is my WK trainee, on 1 bat + 1 net. My existing WK doesn't seem to be much cop on paper, but gets the job done. Perhaps I'll try to flog Thorne too.

BTW the team Wombie City is having a clearance! Get in quick, just so you can tell the kids you're so tight that you bid £1,000 each on three, maybe four £3,000,000+ players!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Here are two of his allrounders on the market right now -

Code:
[size=2] Sean Stock (53124)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For:	Womble City
Nationality:	England
Battrick Rating:	109,531
Wages:	£23,239 p/w
Stamina: 	superb 	Wicket Keeping: 	competent
Batting: 	remarkable 	Concentration: 	sensational
Bowling: 	quality 	Consistency: 	exceptional
Fielding: 	mediocre[/size]
Code:
[size=2] Marvin Green (461341)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, moderate
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For:	Womble City
Nationality:	England
Battrick Rating:	56,750
Wages:	£14,217 p/w
Stamina: 	strong 	Wicket Keeping: 	feeble
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: 	quality
Bowling: 	quality 	Consistency: 	strong
Fielding: 	mediocre[/size]
I wouldn't mind selling Mcmillan to upgrade to one of these two, as I've got 2.5mil in the bank to finance it. However, I'm not sure how wise a move it would be. If I went with Stock, then it'd mean my three main bowlers (Ralph, Mulholland, Stock) would all be medium-pacers, and I'm not sure this is a wise move. If I went with Green, then I'd lose Mcmillan's destructive temperament. Which may not be a bad thing. I'm curious as to what peoples thoughts are, specifically on having all your main bowlers medium-pacers. Also, if I were to sell Mcmillan to buy one of these two, how much would I get? Would it be enough? And should I list him sooner rather than later so I get as high a bid as possible before these two are sold? God speed, lads, god speed. Here's Mcmillan, anyway.

Code:
[size=2] Roger Mcmillan (434458)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For:	Anchormen
Nationality:	Australia
Battrick Rating:	49,282
Wages:	£9,556 p/w
Stamina: 	superb 	Wicket Keeping: 	woeful
Batting: 	superb 	Concentration: 	strong
Bowling: 	superb 	Consistency: 	strong
Fielding: 	respectable[/size]

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Dwight Kealey - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,582
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Nice day :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright, thanks for the offer. What do you actually think of my dilemma though? Is having your main 3 (only 3, if truth be told) bowlers medium-pacers a bad idea?
Yea I'd say so in that they'll all be fighting each other to skittle teams out in some games and they'll be nullified in others.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Alright, thanks for the offer. What do you actually think of my dilemma though? Is having your main 3 (only 3, if truth be told) bowlers medium-pacers a bad idea?
Not having _any_ medium pacers myself, I really wouldn't know how they perform.

Thinking about real life, you might have a bit of trouble in FC games - without any pace bowlers, you could have problems getting openers out cheaply. Think mid-90s England ;)

Oh, and Big Dev Malcolm doesn't count!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. Are medium-pacers easily nullified, though? How much do you think Stock (the remarkable/quality guy) would end up going for?

Interesting times. I'm leaning towards not doing anything, because WRT the spinner, I don't want to exchange Mcmillan's destructiveness, and WRT to the medium-pacer, I don't want to have all medium pacers. Plus Mcmillan is superb +13 batting, so I'd be ripping myself off if I were to sell him now.

Scaly piscine

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. Are medium-pacers easily nullified, though? How much do you think Stock (the remarkable/quality guy) would end up going for?

Interesting times. I'm leaning towards not doing anything, because WRT the spinner, I don't want to exchange Mcmillan's destructiveness, and WRT to the medium-pacer, I don't want to have all medium pacers. Plus Mcmillan is superb +13 batting, so I'd be ripping myself off if I were to sell him now.
Hard to say, I reckon Stock would go for over 6m, 7m if some people go after him. You've got Green as a backup if he goes for too much, Green's BTR range starts at 49300 so he's got some extra sublevels like McMillan does.

Edit: Actually having said all this I'm tempted to list Horne again...

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Holy christ another one...

Steve Harris (322390)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and competent experience.

Plays For: Womble City
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 96,147
Wages: £19,295 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: remarkable Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: superb Consistency: sensational
Fielding: feeble

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
True, but as I said before, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket and have all my good bowlers medium pacers (could help with Cup games though - the lower seeded team getting home games :p) with Stock - and I consider Mcmillan's destructive temperament as a real asset to his bowling WRT Green.

Also, Scaly, if Mcmillan is superb +13 batting and superb +5 bowling, and he receives 1xbat, 1xbowl, how many weeks into next season would it take for him to reach remarkable batting/bowling if I gave him a 2nd bowling net once he hit remarkable batting? I'm really hoping to finish Gray & Mcmillan's training as soon as possible (Gray - wonderful bat, remarkable wk, Mcmillan - remarkable bat & bowl), and the fact that Mcmillan would require training next season to accomplish that is one of the reasons I'm interested in trading up (so he doesn't interfere with my 17yos next season).

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Hahaha, what's the team like now, Mahind(a/inho)? From this angle, it's starting to look reeally gun. I think you've got 3 other bowlers who are quality? Closing in on remarkable? Realistically, you're just one gun batsman away from being a really, really good side.
Okay, time to play the "my b*ll*cks are bigger than yours" game ;)

Not quite as good as you might think, but I do seem to have been talking non-stop about them all recently :shy:

Code:
[SIZE="2"]           Batting      Concentration
[B]Sandwith   [/B]Wonderful    Wonderful
Reed       Wonderful    Remarkable
McGregor   Superb       Respectable
Hayward    Strong       Respectable
Perry      Respectable  Strong

WK           Consistency
Gonasilan  Strong       Respectable

Bowling      Consistency
[B]John       [/B]Wonderful    Remarkable    LH Spin
[B]Brooker    [/B]Quality      Remarkable    RFM
[B]Hirst      [/B]Quality      Remarkable    LF
[B]Gibb       [/B]Superb       Superb        RFM
[B]Verma      [/B]Superb       Proficient    LF[/SIZE]
A good mix of temperaments, and one or two of them need some stamina training. Verma's got Resp/Feeb batting, with Gonasilan on Feeb/Strong, but I've not got a proper all-rounder.

Players in bold are still getting primary training, and I've got a young WK/Bat who'll overtake Gonasilan in two seasons' time.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, look at that bowling attack! Perfectly balanced, I dare say - are you planning on training the rest up to remarkable+?

Also, I remember reading that you thought W/K was only influenced by wicket keeping and consistency - I'm 99% sure that it takes w/k, conc, cons and fielding into account, maybe something like 70-12-12-6 split.

Status
Not open for further replies.