• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year

Whenuapai CC v Boulevard Bombers
AA for President! v Got Spin
Scaly Piscine CC v Kipper XI
College Dropouts v Victoria Panthers

Jamees 999ers v Citizens Erased - challenge sent by Citizens Erased
Vindscreen VIpers v Dalmeny Cricket Club
Magical Ponies v Dynamo Morpork
Asterix XI v Viveash
Crusaders v bobisback - forfeit
Lancashire v Central Districts
Alternative XI v Sad Decadent XI

Jaffna Jets v Robertinho Select XI - challenge sent by Jaffna Jets

Still waiting on those two.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hook has taken 5 for already to lead the charge for an unlikely victory against College Dropouts.

College Dropouts 75-5, 15 overs
Hook 8-2-24-5

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
What match? I was knocked out last week, I'm out of the Cup...

:laugh: I saw I could still accept your challenge and it's been pencilled in for next week.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Decided to play my best team since I'm playing a crappy team next week and most of my players are at sublime fitness. So I'll be able to give the tired guys a rest then.

mikeW

College Dropouts ended up making 218 after Hook's early onslaught which sets up an interesting runchase which i wont be able to watch uinfortunatelly.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
And Dalmeny are out of the cup with a 7 run lose to Vindscreen Vipers.

DCC Vindscreen VIpers
proficient competent
respectable mediocre
abysmal abysmal
strong competent
competent mediocre
feeble feeble

Last edited:

mikeW

Happy with my teams performance as i wasnt expecting to get that close.

College Dropouts 218 allout

Vickers 74 (104)
Hook 5/25 (including the top 5 batsmen)

Victoria Panthers 171 allout

Tahir 50 (75)
Gus 3/31

College Dropouts Victoria Panthers
Top Order: quality competent
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient feeble
Spin Bowling: respectable proficient
Fielding: feeble woeful

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Ye good match mike. Was surprised to see my top order crumble like that, Hook definately had a good day with the ball.

mikeW

brenoevo said:
Ye good match mike. Was surprised to see my top order crumble like that, Hook definately had a good day with the ball.
Easily my best player is a Strong/Exceptional bowler.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
What happens with my match Rob, never accepted my challenge and matches in Australia have already started?
Bah, Rob accepted it too late so it's now being scheduled for next week rather than today, which throws out the whole draw as you won't be able to play your next round match next week. Might as well set back all of the plate fixtures by a week now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Bah, Rob accepted it too late so it's now being scheduled for next week rather than today, which throws out the whole draw as you won't be able to play your next round match next week. Might as well set back all of the plate fixtures by a week now.
Nah its alright you can give a wildcard to one of the loser of the main draw from this round. There is no real need to set it back a whole week.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't matter really, the plate was scheduled to finish a week before the main cup so if I set it back a week it just means that they finish at the same time, which is probably better. Also means the other matches which weren't scheduled have a chance of being played. Edit: except for Jamee's.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm, decent start here for my batsmen against Hakon...

0.2 W Tuck to Farmer
Farmer left a gap between bat and pad you could have sailed the QE2 through! Tuck is mobbed by the slip cordon as the umpire replaces off stump.
0.1 . Tuck to Farmer
Ouch!! That's hit Farmer in a very painful place. Regaining his composure, Farmer asks the umpire how many balls are left.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
My team going well against Nayak's
at the End of Over 30: 151-1, runrate=5.03, reqrunrate=7.60 (302-5)