• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
These two guys popped, and i have a feeling that my youth pull will pop soon according to his wages

Matthew Ridgewell - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,881
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, competent form, sublime
(proficient batting form, feeble bowling form)
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Eddie Saunders - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,834
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb form, sublime
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got Spin, I have no idea how the hell you keep doing it but I officialy hate you.

ash chaulk

International Captain
this guy went for 1000 just as i clicked the bidding button

1. Fitz Proudlock £1,000 (Ohtogo Eleven)
Plays for: Carlton Warriors Stamina: feeble W/Keeping: woeful
Age: 17 years old Batting: feeble Concentration: respectable
BT Rating: 3,271 Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Deadline: 06/12/2005 8:45 Fielding: woeful

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Got Spin, I have no idea how the hell you keep doing it but I officialy hate you.
Aww.... 8-)

Hmm his not that good though, sure his wages indicate that he could pop to respectable batting in a few weeks and his secondries are not to bad but he is not great

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
How many weeks are there until the players age?

Im thinking of just stacking my nets on my 3 good youth pulls

Saunders ( 17) just popped in either this weeks or last weeks training to respectable batting:

Two batting nets
One fitness

Ridgewell (17) Due to pop soon to proficient

Two batting
One keeping
One fitness

Smart (17) Just got him but i think he is close to popping

Two batting
One fitness

Do you think that is about right? I would like atleast one more primary pop before they age

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think you should give fielding nets to a couple of them to get their secondaries up, but other than that it looks fine. Although I would sell one of them and buy a bowling trainee to keep the balance of the squad right. I don't really think your new YP is that close to respectable - generally respectable players have a minimum wage of around £750, so he's probably less than halfway there.

Scaly piscine

33/3from3.3 said:
put in batsman from my academy and it gave me this :-O
Plays For: Drunk XI
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 1,746
Wages: £255 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre
im training him in bowling
As Adam says he's useless, you need to have decent primaries first then look at the secondary skills - I've got abysmal-competent batsmen (they're in the team as bowlers) and they're nearly always out for zero so you can imagine what that 'bowler' would be like.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I think you should give fielding nets to a couple of them to get their secondaries up, but other than that it looks fine. Although I would sell one of them and buy a bowling trainee to keep the balance of the squad right. I don't really think your new YP is that close to respectable - generally respectable players have a minimum wage of around £750, so he's probably less than halfway there.
Hmm yeah but another guy i got had wages of 415 and he took 7 weeks to pop. Wierd, there are no more bot teams in my league and everyone was replaced

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Got this guy for 2k:

Jimmy Winters - 19 yo, BT Rating=2,249
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, competent form, fresh
(respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form)
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal

He's pretty rubbish, but worth 2k at least. With the new individual fitness levels I'll just use him as a squad player so I can rest others from time to time. Or I might just sell him later for a bit more than 2k.

WI v Australia at the moment, we (WI) lost the toss and Aus are 32-1 after 7 overs on a hard and fast pitch, with their gun batsman out (one of them, anyway). We're TIEing so anything near a win would be a nice surprise.

Last edited:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
the guy i posted bfore just went for 41k turns out im wrong put theres 3 other player im bidding for this is one of them

Dylan Underwood £20,000 (Drunk XI) <------me
Plays for: Festivus CC
Stamina: competent W/Keeping: feeble
Age: 17 years old Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
BT Rating: 2,859 Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
31Fielding: woeful
Deadline: 08/12/2005 0:31

good yeah

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
25. Malcolm Mott £ 250,000 (opening price)
Plays for: The Berserkers Stamina: woeful W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 28 years old Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
BT Rating: 6,924 Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Deadline: 07/12/2005 19:04 Fielding: competent

Bit ambitious on the opening price. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

33/3from3.3 said:
the guy i posted bfore just went for 41k turns out im wrong put theres 3 other player im bidding for this is one of them

Dylan Underwood £20,000 (Drunk XI) <------me
Plays for: Festivus CC
Stamina: competent W/Keeping: feeble
Age: 17 years old Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
BT Rating: 2,859 Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
31Fielding: woeful
Deadline: 08/12/2005 0:31

good yeah

The bidding will probably sky-rocket just before the deadline, best to not worry about bidding til then.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn, so close yet so far. Looks as though Australia are going to beat us by 30-50 runs or so, could've got there if not for some slow going in the middle overs. Would've beaten them had we played on normal instead of TIE, but the rankings are pretty much meaningless at this stage so better just to get the guaranteed fitness boost. Sri Lanka next week should be a good match as well.

andyc

Am playing a bot today, should be another easy victory, given that that they're already one down after 14 balls. I really do wish I had more humans in my league.

Edit:

Wow, that gave me a pleasant shock:

4.4 W Heard to Parry
The ball bounced really low, hitting Parry on the toe plum infront. Out to a grubber, how unlucky!
4.3 W Heard to Paul
Bowled 'im. The inswinger clearly bamboozled Paul and he completely left it. That one'll keep him awake tonight!
4.2 W Heard to Mohan
The ball struck Mohan in-line and, after a moment to consider whether the ball pitched well too, the umpire raised the finger. Out!
4.1 . Heard to Mohan
well wide of off, lift, left for Mcveigh as Mohan is not tempted to play a shot

Edit: What the hell?

7.4 W Cave to Mullis
Yes, got him! Shove that up your **** Tony Grieg. Simply marvellous effort! What a hero! Knocked the middle stump clean out of the ground!

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry Paddy, I'm terrible at golf so I couldn't get home in time to bid on that player for you. He went for 55k anyway so probably wasn't worth it.

WI lost to Australia by 19 runs, still a fair effort considering the difference in ratings:

Reporter's Summary
West Indies Australia

Top Order: quality exceptional
Middle Order: superb wonderful
Lower Order: woeful mediocre
Seam Bowling: quality wonderful
Spin Bowling: superb exceptional
Fielding: competent mediocre

They were 2-3 levels better in most of the important areas, so we did fairly well to get that close, and we get a fitness boost because of the TIE anyway. Cuss got 39* off 31, hooray. Averages 58 in ODIs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.