• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Whens the best time to expand your ground, currently i have 616 members and not playing at home for another 3 weeks.

ps: Anyone got a way to track pops and bt rating rises

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
My team is going well even though i am in a low division with mostly bots (im unbeaten) and im training all 10 spots with all young guys but im yet to get a player to pop.... is this uncommon or should i wait a few more weeks?

also you guys talk about pops do all of u use a excel type program or do u recognise that they have poped by looking at the squad page? i use the virtual designs spreadsheet and yes its a biut comlicated but i guess it tells me what i need to no...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
And with the second program how do u get it to work???? i download, extract and run the right programme.. but all i get is a pop up then another window appears with more folders on it.. yet i cant find any programmes in there... help :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
And with the second program how do u get it to work???? i download, extract and run the right programme.. but all i get is a pop up then another window appears with more folders on it.. yet i cant find any programmes in there... help :)
If you download, extract then open the batch file it should open a java thingy. Click on 'Input Player Details' then just copy/paste from your squad page. f you don't have java then it wouldn't work, I suppose.

My team is going well even though i am in a low division with mostly bots (im unbeaten) and im training all 10 spots with all young guys but im yet to get a player to pop.... is this uncommon or should i wait a few more weeks?
Depends what you're training them in - if you're only training primaries (bat/bowl) you will only get a pop every 11 weeks for a 17yo on one coach, so it's possible that none of them have popped yet. If you're using a fitness or fielding coach you should have had pops by now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like some of the idle users are getting booted, I received a bid of 5k for this guy...

19. Ben Fordham (327006)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,586
Wages: £268 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Easy money.

Scaly piscine

Seem to be a few competents going cheap lately... just missed by a few minutes a couple of them go for around 25k each

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, competents suck if they've got less than feeble secondaries. I picked up a competent last season for 2k but never used him, will list him soon since the idle managers seem to have been booted. Also listing another competent bowler, as well as two mediocre batsmen (17 and 18yo), and 17yo mediocre spinner. Possibly might list a competent or respectable batsman as well, depends on whether I get a YP worth keeping this weekend, as my squad will be at the 14-man minimum if I sell all those.

Scaly piscine

brenoevo said:
Ye i jus got a competent bowler for 5500
I think I saw that one, old and had bad secondaries I think. The two that had went for around 25k were 19 or 20 and were pretty well rounded (both bowlers), I think one was a spinner as well... I clicked on them just in time to see the dreaded 'bidding is over' message. I'm after a competent (or better) bowler but there aren't any worth pursuing for the next 8 hours or so.

Scaly piscine

Wondering which of these to pick:

Bowling: competent, Consistency: feeble, Stamina: feeble - but WORTHLESS form

or

Bowling: feeble, Consistency: mediocre, Stamina: woeful - proficient form

I have absolutely no idea how strongly form affects things, I know bot teams play on worthless form but you still see the odd player on their team do well, so not really sure. I'll be playing the game on TIE against a team that manages woeful/abymsal/worthless for their batting and woeful for their bowling.

I'm guessing I should bite the bullet and play the better player so his form comes back anyway.

ash chaulk

International Captain
lets just say that i had a keeper batsmen averaging around 60 last season with strong form then his form went abysmal and he averages 15 this season i think it effects players heaps

Status
Not open for further replies.