• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Looks like Pob's recently set transfer record is about to go...

Code:
43. Jacob Musgrove   £6,300,000 (Universal Soldiers)
Plays for: Flannel County 	Stamina:	superb 		W/Keeping:	mediocre
Age: 21 years old 		Batting:	exceptional 	Concentration:	sensational
BT Rating: 170,778 		Bowling:	wonderful 	Consistency:	phenomenal
Deadline: 14/10/2006 18:28 	Fielding:	mediocre
Probably the best overall player I've ever seen. Fielding is a little low but with those stats, I think you could sacrifice it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mahindinho said:
You talkin' to me? If so, thanks! Yes, I'm at work, so just getting the occasional update on my phone. Last I saw, a golden duck for McGregor (my 3rd best batsman) took me down to 107/2 off 19 overs. Hard & fast pitch, so that's about par I reckon.

The golden boys are in now - Reed (season avg > 200) and Sandwith (avg = infinite as he's not been out yet). Sandwith's set to attacking, so there should be fireworks! I could do with big innings from them both. If that hasn't jinxed it, I don't know what could :unsure:
Turns out their pitch is green (display bug that's going around at the moment)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
First blow struck at 12/1 after 3 overs. More interesting watching gun bowlers rather than painful ones I have. :laugh:
*grin*

Yeah, but they haven't got much to work with! I've not had quite so dramatic a collapse for quite a while...and possibly never on that sort of pitch. :(

I reckon he must be GFIing. Either that, or I've been a bit unlucky. We'll see what the ratings are at the end of it all.

andyc

cameeel said:
Sure.

Your ground or mine? :naughty:
Either's fine for me. I've got 1370 hopeful members, with a 17k ground. Will challenge you at home and away, just accept either one.

Scaly piscine

I'm doing nicely in my chase of 275 for victory, am 79-0 after 12.4. Should be most of their bowling threat negotiated for the time being. I was hoping the humid weather for my game was a display bug, but it's not... meh.

End of Over 18: 101-1, runrate=5.61, reqrunrate=5.63 (280-6)
Amsterdam 4-0-8-1
Pollard* 54 (53 balls)
Paris 1 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Findlay lbw b. Amsterdam 42 (FOW: 85/1)

going alright fairly close and tense though

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
89/2 off 27...the runs have seriously dried up (it was 81/1 off 21 I think), but I seriously need some wickets :(

My phone bill this month is going to be massive!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
108/3 off 31, with their best batsman (I hope!) out for 47. Two relatively fresh batsmen at the crease now. I'm still very much the underdog, but I can see a faint glimmer of hope...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
134-1 after 26 chasing 306 to win. Not going to get there but am pretty pleased we haven't been completely rolled tbh.

Interesting collapse from the opposition 299-3 after 47.2 overs to 305all out after 49.5. Islam's figures went from 8.2-2-36-0 to 9.5-2-37-7 including 2 hattricks.

End of Over 27: 141-1, runrate=5.22, reqrunrate=6.09 (280-6)
Mbata 7-0-40-0
Paris* 23 (36 balls)
Pollard 71 (74 balls)

Last Wicket: Findlay lbw b. Amsterdam 42 (FOW: 85/1)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
134-1 after 26 chasing 306 to win. Not going to get there but am pretty pleased we haven't been completely rolled tbh.
That's gettable, surely? I'd rate your chances at 30/70, rising to 40/60 if you can get to 160/1 at the 30 over mark.

But what do I know? I'm getting slaughtered out there :-O

PY

International Coach
Mahindinho said:
But what do I know? I'm getting slaughtered out there :-O
Dunno 129/4 off 39 isn't great. I smell the possibility of a collapse.

I agree with you about Dave though, plenty of chance to get stuck in there.

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Dunno 129/4 off 39 isn't great. I smell the possibility of a collapse.

I agree with you about Dave though, plenty of chance to get stuck in there.
Indeed, given the way the match has gone so far and that the pitch is obviously bowler friendly (it's actually green in case you missed what I said earlier) I'd make Mahindinho slight favourite (unless your death bowlers are crap).

Status
Not open for further replies.