• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Aww **** this membership, the player photos are terrible. Good to see they have an option to turn them off.
That's what I thought when they first appeared...but, believe me, you'll definitely get used to them. Don't know whether two weeks would be long enough, though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well im considering buying membership after one day, just got to find an option i can use to pay for it.

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
My next league oppposition are interesting. They've pretty much got two gun batsmen and two gun bowlers (one in the NT squad), but are fairly mediocre apart from that. Think I'll be GFIing this one and hopefully my better depth should see me through. They're 7th in the table anyway, and lost last week to I team I beat fairly comfortably with all 4 guns playing.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Bidding war going on for one of my players:

Mithil Naidoo - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,512 [transfer listed]
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Currently at 189k and rising fast now, he's only just popped to respectable too. :D

EDIT: 202k, it's past deadline and there's about 3 people bidding for him.

Finally sold for 325k to Nott CCC....hope that isn't anyone here as I'm :laugh:ing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
Finally sold for 325k to Nott CCC....hope that isn't anyone here as I'm :laugh:ing all the way to the bank.
*jealous*

I don't think I've had a decent YP since they went over to the whole ITS thing :@

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
0.6 	.	Cormack to Herd
 	 	Bit of extra pace there I think. Herd leaves it alone.
0.5 	W	Cormack to Jephcott
 	 	He's played on! Swinging at a wide one, the inside edge sends him packing.
0.4 	W	Cormack to De beer
 	 	A big slash by De beer gets a thin edge that goes straight through to the keeper who takes the catch easily.
0.3 	.	Cormack to De beer
 	 	Bit of lift, on the toes, played down to the on side.
0.2 	.	Cormack to De beer
 	 	That's why Hope is in the team. De beer strokes the ball into the covers and in one fluid motion Hope collects the ball and returns it to Cornes's gloves. De beer will have to look elsewhere if he wants runs.
0.1 	.	Cormack to De beer
 	 	Oh! Close one! Tries to leave one pitching outside off stump which nips back in sharply and almost pegs back the stump! Good piece of bowling.
A good start for me... :|

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ooh good the weather is sunny for my game (obviously Allan hasn't spent much time in Durham), *should* definitely win now.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 12: 22-7, runrate=1.83
Lodge	1-1-0-1
Hodge*	2 (1 balls)
Pryde	0 (0 balls)
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I haven't made over 100 in my last 5 competitive games.

**EDIT**

Code:
End of Over 17: 29-10, runrate=1.71
Keigher	3-1-4-3
Seneviratne*	1 (2 balls)
Yep.

Last edited:

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my second match in league for the season today. Won the toss n bowled on their cracked pitch. Setting Westhead to open the bowling and bowl his 10 overs straight won me the match.
Petom Town 10/110 22.3 overs
Platt 51 (47)
Westhead 5/36 MOTM
Gus 3/68

College Dropouts 1/111 30 overs
Kennedy 42 (78) not out
Vickers 30 (78)
Jayasuriya 29 (24) not out

Petom Town College Dropouts
Top Order: proficient proficient
Middle Order: competent competent
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient mediocre
Fielding: woeful woeful

Could potentially be in 4th spot on the ladder depending on other results today. My league is really close from 4th to 8th, all five teams have a pretty even chance of finnishing 4th on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.