• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
5-wicket cup win today chasing 157 or so. Rested a few, and lost three early wickets. Kumar took us home easily though, with 56. I'll get mauled next week by the team last in the top division.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Walk in the park today, a bit annoyed at losing two wickets while chasing 33.

Ratings on TIE:
Code:
	ressies 	[B]Citizens Erased[/B]
Top Order: 	woeful 	[B]competent[/B]
Middle Order: 	abysmal [B]mediocre[/B]
Lower Order: 	worthless [B]woeful[/B]
Seam Bowling: 	abysmal [B]respectable[/B]
Spin Bowling: 	woeful 	[B]respectable[/B]
Fielding: 	feeble 	[B]feeble[/B]

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Managed to sell some of my dead weight, couple of med bowlers for 9k each, resp/worthless batsman for 31k, and a med/med bowler who bizarrely went for 50k - wonder if the GMs will 'revise' that amount or if it'll slip under the radar. Had another 4 or 5 players who didn't sell for the 5k I was asking though. Would like to make a YP but my ITS haven't been added, so have to wait till that gets fixed (by which time I'll have 35).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I did get a BT-mail from Pob yesterday asking if I was interested in a swap. Apparently he's a little concerned about his wage bill, which is over 200k.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
(@mike): Depends how many FA's you've got:

Code:
1	10450
2	19800
3	28050
4	35200
5	41250
6	46200
7	50050
8	52800
9	54450
10	55000
9 FA's will be most profitable.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
(@mike): Depends how many FA's you've got:

Code:
1	10450
2	19800
3	28050
4	35200
5	41250
6	46200
7	50050
8	52800
9	54450
10	55000
9 FA's will be most profitable.
thanks mate :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
60-1 after 10 chasing 198 to beat Trev's side, was cruising along at 60-0 after 9.5, but Challinor just got out, and its a spinners wicket, in the balance

Trev also has the stupidest named bowler in Battrick - Shaun Bridges m (101754)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Yeah, there's heaps of players with the 'm' at the end. I remember Adam recomended Bridges m to Trev, despite the stupid name.
Indeed. The random 'm' and the 'John john' as a surname have to be the stupidest names on Battrick. Especially when you look at someone like this

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm.. it's not worth doing a young pull unless you have a ~superb academy in my opinion (35 ITS to a 17yo), but it costs heaps to get there. For new players, the YP system is a bit of a waste if you ask me, rarely get anything decent for what would be 100s of k to upgrade it to superb. I'd just keep saving and figure out what you're going to do.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Hmm.. it's not worth doing a young pull unless you have a ~superb academy in my opinion (35 ITS to a 17yo), but it costs heaps to get there. For new players, the YP system is a bit of a waste if you ask me, rarely get anything decent for what would be 100s of k to upgrade it to superb. I'd just keep saving and figure out what you're going to do.
For new players, a superb academy with 35 ITS guarantees them a mediocre, at worst, player, who would still be able to make their team. And then you have the chance of getting a proficient allrounder.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
managed to get an 8 wicket win against Trev, probably a bit unfair because i forgot to change my order so i had near enough a full strength side.

Status
Not open for further replies.