• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Strewth, how ****ing blond am I being today? :-O

My BT team = Withington Wonderers

My HT team = Racing Club Longsight

I'll go get me coat... 8-)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mahindinho said:
Strewth, how ****ing blond am I being today? :-O

My BT team = Withington Wonderers

My HT team = Racing Club Longsight

I'll go get me coat... 8-)
Given that he spent about 10 minutes of his life checking your team, I think it's pretty obvious 'tinho likes you

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Hmm, don't you have anything better to do?

Nope, guess not...
Bloody hell, all that work and they're not even in alphabetical order.

Anyway I scored 282-2, they're 77-4 or something, some completely rubbish batsman has 40odd of 50odd balls, Pace took 1-31 off 5 - usual stuff.

Said completely rubbish batsman reaches 50 off 61 balls. Sloblock.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Another week, another huge win on TIE.

Nix and new signing Kerwin (replacing Trotman) both got centuries, and then Gowshall hit a quick 55*, and Aldred made 49*, leaving us on 350-2.

They then collapsed from 20-0 to 21-5, and then contrived 50 more runs, finishing on 71. Smith took 4, Aldred 8-2, and my 5th bowler, Johnson, didn't get a bowl.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
Another week, another huge win on TIE.

Nix and new signing Kerwin (replacing Trotman) both got centuries, and then Gowshall hit a quick 558, and Aldred made 49*, leaving us on 350-2.

They then collapsed from 20-0 to 21-5, and then contrived 50 more runs, finishing on 71. Smith took 4, Aldred 8-2, and my 5th bowler, Johnson, didn't get a bowl.
I wonder how quick it really was.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
The Gurs wasted no time in moving to three from three, with a comprehensive nine wicket win away to seventh-place King Whamo.

For King Whamo, it was all about the strugglers' £6K+ top three firing, and fortunately for Patel's side, only one of them did so. In what was probably The Gurs' best fielding performance, they ran out one of the big guns for one, and held catches in the deep to remove the other two for 26 and 60. Once they'd broken through to King Whamo's Comps and Resps, spinners Bridges M and Cash tore up the rest of their innings, as they slumped from 75/3 to 121 A/O in 32. Cash celebrated reaching Strong bowling with the stand-out figures of 9/2/36/4, ably supported by his senior colleague Bridges M, who took 2/14 off seven. The rest of the wickets were made up by two run-outs, one wicket for the out-of-sorts Bewers, who went for 34 from his seven, and another for Bent, who just about did enough to save his immediate future with 6/1/19/1. Although when his first two deliveries went for four and six, Chairman Vayro was spotted on the balcony with his laptop, scanning for the Transfer Market link.

In response, Skipper Patel was under pressure for his spot at the top of the order, having failed to post a meaningful knock all season - And this innings did very little to settle matters either way. Seemingly back to his best, he blazed his way to 30 (27), doing the lion-share of the scoring in a forty run opening stand with pinch-hitter Cash. But then the wheels fell off, when he top-edged a pull through to the keeper. However Staveley picked up assuredly where he left off in the Cup, and registered his second not-out score of the week, with 39 (47). Although this was most definitely Steve Cash's day, following up his giant bowling performance with a maiden Gurs' half-century. He struck exactly 50 (61), bringing up both his landmark and the win in the 23rd over with a straight six!

Thanks to a quirk of the fixture-list, it's So far so good for Vayro's men, but on current form they can't bank on too many more victories in a highly competitive league. Perhaps next week's home fixture against Victoria Drivers will prove the acid test of whether they've truly established themselves as a Division Four outfit. The Gloucestershire opponents started the season with roughly a level superior ratings in all areas over The Gurs, but were unlucky to draw the league's early leaders, Potato Heads and Wrong'uns, first up. Now languishing with zero from two, and by no means certain of winning today's encounter, may the contrasting effect of form on the two sides be enough to tilt next week's clash The Gurs' way? If so, Vayro could take a sigh of relief, as with three other wins looking certs, a minimum of 28 points *SHOULD* be enough to buy his side another season at this level.

(Ratings looking more promising too: Resp/Comp/Abs - Comp/Resp/Woe)

Later, Trev

Scaly piscine

Ended up winning by 120 runs, nothing too exciting happened. Battrick the website is busy trying to conk out again so I might have to wait a while to see what happened in other games...

nibbs

International Captain
having defeated two of the sides that i promoted with me into II.4 so far this season i finally get to face a side who has established themselves up here. the blondebombshells should provide a very tense dramatic match, which tbh, i pretty good confident of emerging victorious from making in 3 wins from 3 in division II. duggan will be looking to make the most of the excellent batting conditions at airbase road. also, i hope we get a much better crowd compared to what showed for round 1. 34000 filled seats will result in an extra 240k in the bank account. i hope it all goes to plan.

Last edited:
Lost in a Terrible Display against Competition Favourites Big Dogs

Code:
BigDogs**** v Pup (623316)  

Date: 29/09/2006 Ground: BigDogs**** CG 
Pitch: Cracked Weather:  

Pup won the toss and elected to bat. 
First Innings of: Pup (play as normal)  
Name   Runs Balls 4s 6s 
 Findlay  run  out 33 47 3 0 
 Pollard  c. Parr b. Mccarthy 14 22 2 0 
 Paris  c. Lapham b. Mccarthy 3 12 0 0 
 Nevin   b. Knight 35 38 3 0 
 Weerakoon  c. Coburn b. Knight 1 3 0 0 
 Coates (*)(+) not  out 37 40 3 0 
 Street  c. Knight b. Travis 2 14 0 0 
 Verhoeven  c. Lapham b. Travis 0 8 0 0 
 Jones   b. Knight 4 7 0 0 
 Mee  c. Coburn b. Lapham 0 4 0 0 
 Hilpert  lbw  b. Knight 4 5 1 0 
Extras (2b, 2lb, 1w, 3nb) 8  
Total (32.5 overs, 10 wickets) 141  

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Total 25 43 75 78 107 120 124 134 136 141 
Batsman Out 2 3 1 5 4 7 8 9 10 11 

Name O M R W nb wd 
Powell 7 0 26 0 1 0 
Mccarthy 5 0 24 2 1 0 
Lapham 6 0 19 1 1 0 
Knight 9.5 0 50 4 0 1 
Travis 5 0 18 2 0 0 

First Innings of: BigDogs****  
Name   Runs Balls 4s 6s 
 Travis  c. Coates b. Verhoeven 63 59 6 1 
 Williams  not  out 55 78 4 0 
 Rendall  not  out 19 26 0 0 
 Appleby        
 Cooper        
 Coburn (+)       
 Parr        
 Knight (*)       
 Mccarthy        
 Lapham        
 Powell        
Extras (2b, 1lb, 2w, 0nb) 5  
Total (27.1 overs, 1 wickets) 142  

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Total 108          
Batsman Out 1          

Name O M R W nb wd 
Jones 7 0 39 0 0 0 
Mee 5 0 34 0 0 2 
Hilpert 5 0 21 0 0 0 
Verhoeven 7 0 33 1 0 0 
Street 3.1 0 12 0 0 0
Code:
BigDogs**** v Pup (623316)  

Date: 29/09/2006 Ground: BigDogs**** CG 
Pitch: Cracked Weather:  

Pup won the toss and elected to bat. 
Reporter's Summary 
 BigDogs**** Pup 
Top Order: competent mediocre 
Middle Order: mediocre woeful 
Lower Order: worthless worthless 
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre 
Spin Bowling: mediocre feeble 
Fielding: woeful abysmal 

MOTM: Knight
Pretty disappointed in the showing i thought we would give it a better shot now we will have to come back harder next time. We need to convert a few 30's in at least 70's 80's

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Langer saw me home easily in the end with a phenomenal knock from number five.

Bhopal CC 272-4
D Bhutia 2-45, W Beckwith 2-47
Zebras 273-4 (43.2)
M Bhutia 44, S Blackburn 54, A Langer 91*, T Malik 35*

Status
Not open for further replies.