• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
I would just like to say it is my belief that the manager of Asterix XI is a show-off and just wants the most expensive transfer as his. :p

(I'm very jealous of you because when I have the money, I can't resist spending :()
This is true. :D Just got him for 5m, good thing no one else was bidding as it would've gone up in increments of 100k at that level. Just noticed he has strong leadership and mediocre experience, so he will take over as first-choice captain as well. Pretty happy with the bidding on Wynand so far, up to 2.08m with a day and a half to go - should get somewhere upwards of 2.3m which will allow me to make another purchase.

BTW nibbs, not sure if you've got enough cash but there's a former England NT allrounder on the market, although he's more of a batsman than a bowler:

1. Justin Cornes £ 4,000,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Stortford CC Stamina: proficient W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 20 years old Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
BT Rating: 87,017 Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Deadline: 12/08/2006 19:58 Fielding: respectable

nibbs

International Captain
I'm a couple hundred thousand short atm and i was tilting more towards a spinner although this guy is at good value at the moment. i s'pose i could sell someone though, although i'm very attached to most of my players.

although, adam, before i rush into anything. could you enquire with that moon chap about tel lee, and see what kind of price he'd be interested in selling him for? i'm a bit hesistant to ask as i've been warned for spam with regards to asking several managers what kind of prices they wanted for their players. not sure who decided to report me, but the chances of us ever becoming friends are very slim atm.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
What do you guys reckon I might get for this guy?

I'm looking at maybe getting a half decent all-rounder with the money from this sale and the 750k I have in the bank.

Sandeep Chanderpaul - 19 yo, BT Rating=28,473
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: strong

And what about this chap Nibbs?

26. Kevin Pratley £ 3,750,000 (opening price)
Plays for: comedy club Stamina: feeble W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 22 years old Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
BT Rating: 32,121 Bowling: wonderful Consistency: proficient
Deadline: 12/08/2006 13:59 Fielding: feeble

Expensive but if no-one bids then maybe get it lowered?

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
PY said:
Sandeep Chanderpaul - 19 yo, BT Rating=28,473
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: strong

And what about this chap Nibbs?

26. Kevin Pratley £ 3,750,000 (opening price)
Plays for: comedy club Stamina: feeble W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 22 years old Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
BT Rating: 32,121 Bowling: wonderful Consistency: proficient
Deadline: 12/08/2006 13:59 Fielding: feeble
I think you could easily get 2mil+ for him.

PY, I'm very Bitter with the transfer market as it stands. On one hand, Lovers Wray, a Wonderful/Wonderful Bowler sells for 3.69, whilst Geoff Cook a exceptional bowler, with strong batting sold for less. On hand you have pratley selling for 3.75, whilst for an extra £250,000 there is Cornes who is a much better batsmen, as well as being a very good bowler. he'd actually be my best batsmen and bowler. needless to say, i think that it is hard to justify spending 3.75 on pratley, when you can get some much more for an extra £250,000 when looking at Cornes.

However, despite my pessimistic outlook, it seems that there are plenty of quality players being listed at the moment, so it should be a matter of time.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
roseboy64 said:
Ok. Challenge sent.
And accepted.

I dont know what i should do in tomorrow's game, if i GFI and win then ill surely lose the playoff the following week and if i normal and he GFI's ill probably lose also. Anyone got any ideas as to what i should do?

PY

International Coach
nooga99 said:
And accepted.

I dont know what i should do in tomorrow's game, if i GFI and win then ill surely lose the playoff the following week and if i normal and he GFI's ill probably lose also. Anyone got any ideas as to what i should do?
Won't the playoff people be on crap morale though so you should find it relatively easier to win the playoff if you're worried about the next game.

I GFI on Friday if I was you, if you really think it's going to be that close!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bought a strong LF bowler with respectable stamina for 600k, he's nothing special but I needed a new-ball partner for Watkins with decent stamina. My finances are now looking a bit dodgy:

Current Balance: £4,288,687
Projected balance at next Update: £-1,305,040

:mellow:

BTW nibbs I told moon110 to contact you if he's still interested in selling.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Bought a strong LF bowler with respectable stamina for 600k, he's nothing special but I needed a new-ball partner for Watkins with decent stamina. My finances are now looking a bit dodgy:

Current Balance: £4,288,687
Projected balance at next Update: £-1,305,040

:mellow:

BTW nibbs I told moon110 to contact you if he's still interested in selling.
:laugh:

That must be some kind of record.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Some good stuff in the season 5 announcement. Morale and fitness being tweaked, FC matches confirmed, and Twenty20 comp to be introduced next season as well (wasn't expecting that). Only worry for me is that the extra two weeks training is going to create even more super-players than there are already. Sucks that there'll be an extra-long break this season, but should be worth the wait for FC.

PY

International Coach
Liking the fact that the morale and fitness effects are being changed because I've been shafted by it this season. :p

Glad I've got a bit of cash stashed up, definitely won't be spending that if the off-season has been extended by 2 weeks. I agree with you about the number of superstar players it will incur but I'm guessing that with the fitness & morale things being tweaked then it'll mean that these players won't be able to dominant every thing.

Plus, 1 player doth not a FC side make....or something like that. :D

nibbs

International Captain
hmm, double post 43 minutes apart from the global moderate... what drama

hmm, i s'pose there is some good and some bad to gained from the changing of the season length. if i was too make a big purchase tomorrow, i'd be forced to face 4 weeks of financial torment, with little or no significant income to count on instead of losing around 120k, i guess i'd lose closer to 250k. although i wonder if this twenty20 competition would open up new opportunities to create wealth.

anyhow, in the meantime i hope to hear from moon110...

PY

International Coach
nibbs said:
hmm, double post 43 minutes apart from the global moderate... what drama

hmm, i s'pose there is some good and some bad to gained from the changing of the season length. if i was too make a big purchase tomorrow, i'd be forced to face 4 weeks of financial torment, with little or no significant income to count on instead of losing around 120k, i guess i'd lose closer to 250k. although i wonder if this twenty20 competition would open up new opportunities to create wealth.

anyhow, in the meantime i hope to hear from moon110...
Cheers Kurt. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.