• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm still struggling a bit at the halfway stage, lost Whitehorne for only 24. Will be fairly confident defending 250 given the cracked pitch and partially cloudy weather, and the fact that I've got a freak bowler. Need Cuss to hang around for a while though. Expecting a collapse in the last 10 overs when his best bowlers will be on, and will probably be bowling at my comp/resp guys.

End of Over 26: 145-3, runrate=5.58
Gayle 8-0-55-1
Ashton* 2 (7 balls)
Cuss 79 (86 balls)

Last Wicket: Whitehorne Hit Wicket b. Gayle 24 (FOW: 126/3)

Oh, and got in excess of 300k gate receipts for the first time. Wynand sold for 2.25m.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Death by Whittingham(179*) again, lost by 64 runs, my fitness is wrecked and now i might face a playoff.

Still, a full house

ratings

Reporter's Summary
Lancashire Pearlstars XI
Top Order: proficient superb
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: strong respectable
Spin Bowling: competent mediocre
Fielding: feeble feeble

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm. finished 5th on NRR, have a playoff and my fitness is faitgued, bu I should win easy and given a decent crowd should get more than i would have done in prize money

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Won my match fairly comfortably today on GFI with over 15 overs to spare. Finish second in my division.

Eastern Blues 186 ao
Ricketts 3-34, Robbins 3-41, Bignot 2-24

Boulevard Bombers 190-3
Sykes 63, Crowe 51, Fordham 40*
Code:
Reporter's Summary 
 Eastern Blues Boulevard Bombers 
Top Order: mediocre respectable 
Middle Order: feeble mediocre 
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal 
Seam Bowling: woeful competent 
Spin Bowling: mediocre competent 
Fielding: woeful feeble 

MOTM: Sykes

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Managed to beat Doobie Bombers by 60 runs, but as expected NorCricket won their match so I finished 2nd due to NRR. The top three teams all finished on equal points.

Asterix XI 273/10 (48.4 overs)
Cuss 131 (138), Ashton 64 (74)

Doobie Bombers 213/10 (45.3 overs)
Whitehorne 3-31 (10), Monk 2-40 (7.3), Malik 2-40 (8), Watkins 2-46 (10), Crabb 1-56 (10)

Final ratings on GFI:
Code:
[B]
	        Asterix XI 	Doobie Bombers[/B]
Top Order: 	exquisite 	wonderful
Middle Order: 	strong  	proficient
Lower Order: 	feeble  	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	superb  	remarkable
Spin Bowling: 	miraculous 	strong
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble
Pretty happy with that. He actually could've won as the required rate was less than 7 going in to the last 10 overs, but his gun batsman got out in the 39th over. I think that's the first time I've ever got him out.

Attendance of 40,824, and 2nd place plus the cup gives me prizemoney of 430k. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I finished 2nd in my league, after my win on Friday. I had a look at the new teams that might come into my league and one of them is:

Top: Comp
Mid: Feeble
Lower: Aby
Seam: Med
Spin: Med

Thats pretty much the same as mine, so it looks like it might be a three-way battle for 1st next season with us two and the team that came 3rd.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to the list just posted on the Battrick forums, I'll be going into IV.3, in which case, I may be in trouble.

The Vague Vagrants Galloping Sloths
Top Order: strong superb
Middle Order: mediocre competent
Lower Order: worthless mediocre
Seam Bowling: superb remarkable
Spin Bowling: useless respectable
Fielding: feeble mediocre
MOTM: Clarke

Thankfully the Galloping Sloths may be promoting out of it though. Still, not the best news

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Going up Going up Going up!!!!!!!

w000t w0000t w0000000000t
yeahooo

Bring IT 185 ao
Odanague 93*
McKenzie 30/4 (8)

Drunk XI 188/3
Bissmire 89*

nibbs

International Captain
i'm pretty annoyed. i TIEd, set all my batsmen to defensive and bowlers to normal, in an efffort to make my game as close as possible so that i could slip to 7th on the promotion list. instead, my opposition opted to disgrace themselves. they took 40 overs to make 90 all out, and then Duggan and Willetts chased down the runs in less than 13 overs. so instead of dropping from 6th to 7th i rose one spot to 5th. so my calculations have me promoting to II.4 next season, instead of my prefered II.3 division. oh well... division II cricket! how exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.