• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AussieDominance said:
when does everyone guess thee updates for the next season will go ahead like the aging of players and resetting of fitness levels?
We've got this last game this Friday, then it'll probably be the week after, or the next one at the latest.

Scaly piscine

AussieDominance said:
ok andy does that mean the last round will be the most feircely contested lol veryone will have nothing to lose so everyone will GFI i guess?
Well yea, apart from possibly those that could have a playoff game next week.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Hmm... you after that sensational bowler Adam? Figure you can afford him now Wynand is going for 1.5mil...
Yes. But his manager just sent me a BT-mail saying he's 'having second thoughts' about selling him. Not sure what that means, but if he outbids me and forces me to buy back Wynand I will be rather annoyed.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
If you were in the Pura Cup of course you'd qualify. It's just done on seedings based on league rankings, so the Pura Cup teams would be seeded 1 through 8.

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Yes. But his manager just sent me a BT-mail saying he's 'having second thoughts' about selling him. Not sure what that means, but if he outbids me and forces me to buy back Wynand I will be rather annoyed.
Meh, just get him banned, have his team listed before a bot/newbie takes over... end up getting him for a bit cheaper...

PY

International Coach
Yeah I think so, it's before the cup draw is done because I upgraded my ground just before it happened.

Idiot.

Though it'll benefit me this yr because my morale is pessimistic at the moment!

Scaly piscine

I think morale, team fitness levels are reset just after the playoff games - so that's like late week 15, just before any friendly you have, then you play a ODI cup game on Sunday in week 16, before it goes back to week 1 again.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Put in a £5m bid for Whitehorne, hopefully there will be no further bids. Assuming I get him for 5m, and Wynand sells for 2m+, I should have 2-2.5m in the bank by the time I get my prizemoney (as long as I don't buy anyone else before then). I'll probably keep 1.6m to earn interest off and spend the excess on a reasonable proficient or strong bowler or batsman (or both if I've got enough).

I'll struggle with PFLs next season due to having too many allrounders, but should be ready to make another decent purchase around the middle of next season, and hopefully will get a decent early YP to train.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
PY said:
or TIE if they're trying to lose. :whistling
i cant help but look at your avater after that sentence as apposed to the smiley.

I think everything gets reset on the players birthdays.

FC games also just round the corner. Im ready oh yeah

nibbs

International Captain
Adamc said:
Put in a £5m bid for Whitehorne, hopefully there will be no further bids. Assuming I get him for 5m, and Wynand sells for 2m+, I should have 2-2.5m in the bank by the time I get my prizemoney (as long as I don't buy anyone else before then). I'll probably keep 1.6m to earn interest off and spend the excess on a reasonable proficient or strong bowler or batsman (or both if I've got enough).

I'll struggle with PFLs next season due to having too many allrounders, but should be ready to make another decent purchase around the middle of next season, and hopefully will get a decent early YP to train.
I made a earlier enquiry about Whitehorne, and got the following response:

"I have at least 2 bidders lined up at the current price. If he doesnt sell for this amount then he wont be relisted at all as he would be more valuable to my team than any less cash."

I have a hunch and suspect that Bulldogs CC could be the other party involved, although having said that there is no way to be sure. But by the looks Adam you must have heaps of cash in the bank, so surely you would be able to win any kind of bidding war that may potentially develop. Meanwhile, I guess that I'm just going to have to keep on waiting for a new bowler of superstar status to find his way to the transfer list.... ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.