• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Got a match in 14 hrs. It'll be my second league match and I'm hoping to win it. I'm pretty confident after comprehensively beating the Ball Grabbers XI.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Viveash on Normal defeated the Blues by 102 runs

Viveash 5/282

Lockwood 98
Blewitt 92

Blues 180a.o.

Sawyer 63

Wainwright 3/22
Keeling 2/20

Blues Viveash
Top Order: proficient respectable
Middle Order: mediocre respectable
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable respectable
Spin Bowling: respectable proficient
Fielding: feeble feeble

MOTM: Lockwood

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly steady stuff from my bowlers against Mince Pies, they're 67-1 after 18 overs. My best bowler will be coming back very shortly, hopefully can get rid of Birmingham.

cricketboy29

International Regular
One of those victories, where you just crush the the other team :D, life's good:D

Sad Decadent XI Total 293 Kadir 133, Singh 86

Rhubarbia 99 a.o Singh 4-19, Hamed 3-23

Rhubarbia Sad Decadent XI
Top Order: feeble mediocre
Middle Order: woeful feeble
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble useless
Fielding: feeble feeble

Scaly piscine

andyc said:
Hey Scaly, since you're here now, can you help me with this?
I'd let Griffin have his fitness net, pass one of the other fitness nets to Dunne and remove the remaining fitness net and create another batting net for Griffin. Parr isn't high enough batting to open the innings, if he were then he'd need the fitness to be a bat through the innings rock type batsman. I'd probably give a fitness net to Drench at some point, after one of the others pop, but I'd still want Griffin at very high stamina to go with the very high (relatively speaking) batting.

Scaly piscine

Scaly piscine said:
Interesting how my best bowlers have been the most expensive so far...
... Until Cahalane took a triple wicket maiden.

Hopefully Birmingham is running low on stamina and I can run through their remaining mediocre/competent bats. No idea how good or bad their total is so far.

Street finishes with 10-0-24-0, just unbelievable how consistently good they are with nothing ratings.

Edit: Forgot to mention their score, they're 166-4 off 42 overs, Birmingham 87* (135 balls) Anderson 4* (12 balls)

Green pitch, cloudy weather.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly, do you have MSN? I've got questions over training, but can't be bothered posting them all here.

Also - I got my account back today :D

Scaly piscine

scaly_piscine at hotmail.co.uk

Let me know if I'm inadvertently blocking messages or something, I'm not very MSN-wise.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
LOL just rolled some side out for 60 and their opener (Ajith) got 29 of their runs. All the bowlers shared the wickets:
- Rangana 3/16(5)
- Pushpakumara 2/11(7.1)
- Priyantha 3/11(5)
- Luxman 2/11(5)

I lost two wickets in the chase and only one of my new batsmen got a hit and he (Mitten) got a duck.

PY

International Coach
Flogged my league opposition on TIE today:

zatang 189/10 (45.2 overs) Singh 4/27, Liyanage 3/35
Boggles 189/2 (33.2 overs) Singh 101* (112), Ahmed 57 (68)

Boggles
Top Order: competent
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Not great but slowly improving. :)

Scaly piscine

Ended up getting bowled out for 58, cup game on Sunday is going to be a bit of an experiment, will hopefully get something interesting out of it...

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
A fantastic first Div IV win for The Cymru Gurgitaters today, to settle the jangling relegation nerves. High Tops had Prof top order in their last league match, so I set Edworthy and Bewers, (on paper at least my best bowlers), to normal aggression, and bowled them out first up, in hope that I could bung up the scoring long enough for their three strong batsmen to run out of Stam. And it worked a treat, we fluked a wicket in the first over, and from then on their RR never made it above four, as they subsided from 125/3 in 35 to 158 A/O in 46. Edworthy 3/22 (10), Burke 3/23 (9), Bewers 0/38 (10), Crick 2/36 (9), Mullins 2/18 (8.2). Mullins' bowling continues to astound me, he's only supposed to be a Feeb bowl, but for the second week in a row he did for a Strong batsman, and continues to serve up these kinds of figures. Goes to show how important his Resp Cons must be?

Put it to bed in 31.2, Wynne-Willson top scoring with exactly 50* (72). Though in truth I was a little bit disappointed with the batting, we were chugging along on 90-odd after fifteen, and somehow managed to take another 16.2 to knock off the remaining 60 or so. Plus Staveley 34 (37), Oli 19 (33) and Dunfield 22 (31) all got decent starts and couldn't kick on - The first time Staveley and Dunfield have failed to post 50s this season!

But on the plus side, I sold out my expanded 10500 seater stadium at the first time of asking! Not sure how much that'll bring in, but hoping it'll be a tidy bit.

Reporter's Summary
Cymru Gurgitaters
High Tops
Top Order:
competent
respectable
Middle Order:
mediocre
woeful
Lower Order:
abysmal
woeful
Code:
Seam Bowling:
mediocre
competent
Spin Bowling:
useless
mediocre
Fielding:
feeble
mediocre

YP time tomorrow - Given the new rules about youngsters taking longer to improve in Conc and Cons, I've decided I am definitely going to gamble on 12 ITS each on Bowling, Cons and Stam. I know I won't necessarily get a V good bowler, but if I go on 12 each on Bat, Bowl and Stam then I'm going to have a player who's going to take frigging ages to be any use to my starting XI.

Plus, does anyone know if you get a player with more natural ability if you go for one older than 17? I know obviously you won't have as long to train them up, but I really don't have room in my nets at the mo, so if they were better to start with I might go for that option.

Finally - And I'm fully aware that this might sound a stupid question - But if you have a player who's better on paper, but isn't delivering the goods, do you go with them, or a supposedly lesser player who's performing above his natural ability for some reason. I ask because Oli, (COMP Bat, Resp Stam, Woe Conc), is having a shocker at the top of the order this year, whereas Wynne-Willson, (Comp Bat, Feeb Stam, Abs Conc) is doing quite nicely at No4. When Haldane pops to Resp, I was going to replace Wynne-Willson with him, as he's statistically my worst batsman, but I'm thinking that perhaps it's a bit silly to work on figures, and I should just back the people who are delivering the goods at the current time?

Later, Trev.

Status
Not open for further replies.