• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It just comes across odd. 'My friend has shared his expert opinion with me which makes all you guys look like fools.' This little nugget of wisdom? Oh youll have to wait and see for that

Give us a chance to counter it ya know

the big bambino

International Captain
It just comes across odd. 'My friend has shared his expert opinion with me which makes all you guys look like fools.' This little nugget of wisdom? Oh youll have to wait and see for that

Give us a chance to counter it ya know
Ah I get it now. Its the sensitivity. And here you were acting all tough. Petal can't stand even the possibility that he might be contradicted so he projects all insecurities as an accusation.

mr_mister

I'm the furthest thing from tough lol. Guess I shouldn't use the term cowardly but I couldn't think of a better word. Basically I just think it's weird

mr_mister

I operate on the mentality of post every opinion you have when you have it and if 50% of them get proven wrong so be it

You do you though. I guess in a month wel hear this wisdom

Victor Ian

International Coach
I can't see it ever happening. We don't need 5 bowlers, we need batsmen. Leaving out a batsman to play a 4th unnecessary seamer? nah
The rational me agrees. The dreamer just wishes to see these four all play (in form) as we all hoped some years ago. But mostly, I just want to see Haze back in form.

the big bambino

International Captain
Can't see why. Just differing opinions that haven't been settled. Fanbois shouldn't take it as a personal attack on their idol.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see why. Just differing opinions that haven't been settled. Fanbois shouldn't take it as a personal attack on their idol.
How can anything be a personal attack when you haven’t even posted his opinion

You could just say my mate Roy reckons so and so. Could have been interesting but you’ve gone down some weird path

the big bambino

International Captain
How can anything be a personal attack when you haven’t even posted his opinion

You could just say my mate Roy reckons so and so. Could have been interesting but you’ve gone down some weird path
Well you seem rather emotional and taking it personally. I mean coward! Really ...

I suppose but he's not here to defend himself. I mentioned it because it made me stop and think how impressionable getting your opinion from an echo chamber can be (no need to take even more offence - just the best choice of words I can come up with). He made me think that maybe I've been making excuses for performances that don't meet expectations. So I don't need to mention what he says. Just that its had an effect on what I've thought and I'll have to see what happens before deciding.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we need to start with the usual presumption, that a Qlder's opinions are, prima facie, wrong.

mr_mister

Well you seem rather emotional and taking it personally. I mean coward! Really ...

I suppose but he's not here to defend himself. I mentioned it because it made me stop and think how impressionable getting your opinion from an echo chamber can be (no need to take even more offence - just the best choice of words I can come up with). He made me think that maybe I've been making excuses for performances that don't meet expectations. So I don't need to mention what he says. Just that its had an effect on what I've thought and I'll have to see what happens before deciding.
Does he think Starc should be there instead? I would have enjoyed this discussion. Oh well

TheJediBrah

This has been really weird, I thought we were joking.

Did we really just get a full page of "I heard an interesting opinion from a friend, but I don't think I'll tell you in case it's wrong" . . . "come on tell us" . . . "nah" ??

aussie tragic

International Captain
How many wkts does Haze or Starc need to replace Siddle in 2nd Test? I'm thinking a fivefor here should do it.

But as Siddle not here to defend his position, unlikely to be a change unless a 10fer is taken?

mr_mister

How many wkts does Haze or Starc need to replace Siddle in 2nd Test? I'm thinking a fivefor here should do it.

But as Siddle not here to defend his position, unlikely to be a change unless a 10fer is taken?
It's odd because Siddle and Patto were tearing up FC and Starc and Hazelwood had been dropping the ball in tests. So one good FC performance from one of the latter pair and deciding to switch it up again seems short sighted. If Starc comes in and takes 2-100 while the guy he replaced kills it in a soft tour match do you shake things up yet again.

You talk about needing a five fer to force their way back in, but a 5 fer is almost bound to happen for one of them when the other quicks are Neser and Marsh competing for scraps

I remember on ICC bowling my favourites into the ground coz eventually they'd take 5 wickets if you kept them on long enough

We've just won a test in England with this new lot after losing a series in Australia with the old batch. Seems like they should at least wait til we at least lose a match before they give Starc another go. It's not like batting where you can point to 4-5 failures, even in a winning side, and declare someone dead weight. You can do a great job with the ball and not get rewarded with wickets, which I feel Patto and Siddle did, except for one over with Patto when the match was essentially done. As soon as he bowled it I knew people would be knee jerk declaring him overhyped

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Any talk of dropping Patto, unless he's got actual current fitness issues, is laughable. He outbowled Cummins for most of the match (except for the last day).