• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Archer is one of those weird fielders. Most of the time he's truly horrid, and he can hardly move to save his life, but then he'll occasionally do something remarkable that no one else could

Spark

Global Moderator
funny with that play and miss, if Smith was getting right forward and defending he probably would have edged it, but playing from the crease the ball had enough time to move well wide of the edge and he didn't follow it

He may have really figured this batting thing out
In the 2013 Ashes he actually was quite productive doing exactly that a lot of the time. Was when I first noticed that, hey, actually he might actually be really really good somehow

Burgey

I’m about nine vodkas in, too. So this will either be entertaining g for you ****s until I’m banned again, or I’ll be punching out zzzz’s within the hour

TheJediBrah

ooh kept a bit low. I think they should keep attacking the stumps to Smith and just put up with the free singles.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I’m about nine vodkas in, too. So this will either be entertaining g for you ****s until I’m banned again, or I’ll be punching out zzzz’s within the hour
My money's on entertaining for an hour, then zzzz, then banned again tomorrow after the mods deal with all the reports.

P.S. find my old man a steak and lobster meal.

Burgey

funny with that play and miss, if Smith was getting right forward and defending he probably would have edged it, but playing from the crease the ball had enough time to move well wide of the edge and he didn't follow it

If you look at a lot of the really good players pre-helmets, they played a ****load more off the back foot than blokes do today. Orders of magnitude more

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holding is on an absolute roll here. How does he have any breath left? That's an essay in the space of an over.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Not from the crease

Smith gets way back or way forward

Best thing is that he rarely follows ball

Guy is just seriously good

vcs

Even when Smith's been beaten a couple of times, the ball hasn't really threatened the outside edge. It feels like he's batting with a bigger margin of error than everyone else right now.

Burgey

My money's on entertaining for an hour, then zzzz, then banned again tomorrow after the mods deal with all the reports.

P.S. find my old man a steak and lobster meal.
Oh yeah, sorry I meant to get back to you. look i would go to Kingsley’s on the wharf t wooloomoloo. Been a staple for years and still very good for if as turf, imho

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
haha I don't think most fast bowlers would take that one handed return catch he did in the BBL. Also confident that every other fast bowler in this game would stop those ones at mid off a lot easier
Haha yeah I get what you're saying and its application to Archer, but your post did describe the typical athletic fast bowler.

Spark

Global Moderator
Even when Smith's been beaten a couple of times, the ball hasn't really threatened the outside edge. It feels like he's batting with a bigger margin of error than everyone else right now.
The joy of playing late, playing right underneath your eyes with your body behind the line of the ball, and playing the line