• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One more over could've been sneaked in.

Compelling day's cricket. Some bad batting and fielding though. All made it very entertaining.

flibbertyjibber

Think you would fractionally prefer to be England as Australia have to realistically bowl us out in the morning session or we will probably have too many runs.Us being bowled out 30 minutes after lunch with over 220 on the board will be ideal.

vcs

What an outstanding Test match. Gutted I missed that session of Jofra bowling to Smith, went out for a movie (while following the live scorecard). Think it will peter out to a rather anti-climactic finish tomorrow, but that shouldn't take away from how amazing it's been so far.

trundler

What's the record for most runs in 10 innings? I know John Edrich scored over 1100 and Bradman expectedly pops up in that list too. Can't find it anywhere though.

vcs

What was Lara's form like before/after that 700 run series against Murali in Sri Lanka? He'd be up there if it was anything decent.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
What an outstanding Test match. Gutted I missed that session of Jofra bowling to Smith, went out for a movie (while following the live scorecard). Think it will peter out to a rather anti-climactic finish tomorrow, but that shouldn't take away from how amazing it's been so far.
During the movie? You nazi

flibbertyjibber

So is Smith going to be ok? Will he be able to bat in the second innings?
No idea, where he got hit he may wake up tomorrow and not be able to move his head without serious pain. I would imagine he will bat but how hampered he is only time will tell.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, pretty shamelessly

It's India, we have no manners in movie theaters here.
This explains the two Indian blokes I was sitting besides who decided that it was a great time to facetime someone and have a conversation in the final third of Endgame

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can’t see us getting a sniff. Either we crumble for another 30 or so giving Oz an easy enough chase or we set a tough enough target that they buckle in for the draw

Suppose their batting is as brittle as ours though, Smith aside, so stranger things have happened. But I’m happy to take the draw and move onto the next one.

Gob

International Coach
Aust next test

Warner
Harris
Usman
Tpc (c)
Head
Wade +
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Bomb the ****s

91Jmay

International Coach
Summary. Root is a **** captain and now can't buy a run. Need another 100 odd to secure draw. First hour crucial, impossible to win sans Broad 7-12 type spell.