Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 336 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 5036
Like Tree1142Likes

Thread: 1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

  1. #31
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CSK
    Posts
    22,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I literally have no ****ing idea what you’re on about here mate

    Went to the pool at Allianz Stadium in the lunch break
    Oh I see thought you just wwnt for the pool straight away.
    I am proud of this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

  2. #32
    International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,033
    Archer playing for Sussex tomorrow in a t20, so should be fine for first test.

    Possibly means Curran, Broad, and Woakes will compete for the last fast bowling position.

    I doubt they change the top 3 however unconvincing, Buttler and Stokes come in, and they'll pick one spinner (mo or leach).

    Burns, Roy, Denly, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Bairstow, Ali, Archer, Broad, Anderson is my best guess. Although lose against Ireland and they may get fidgety.

  3. #33
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CSK
    Posts
    22,606
    anderson's got a calf injury

    wouldn't be surprised if he is not risked for the first test

  4. #34
    International Debutant Bijed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    12,472
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Archer playing for Sussex tomorrow in a t20, so should be fine for first test.

    Possibly means Curran, Broad, and Woakes will compete for the last fast bowling position.

    I doubt they change the top 3 however unconvincing, Buttler and Stokes come in, and they'll pick one spinner (mo or leach).

    Burns, Roy, Denly, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Bairstow, Ali, Archer, Broad, Anderson is my best guess. Although lose against Ireland and they may get fidgety.
    Reckon Burns is finished and they might just throw Sibley in. Although I can't quite convince myself that Keaton Jennings isn't coming back...
    Follow me @cricket_gc, should you want to learn more of my cricketing thoughts and opinions, or read them in more detail on my blog: https://gccricket.wordpress.com


  5. #35
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Oh I see thought you just wwnt for the pool straight away.
    Actually, we did lol. Then went to the arvo session

  6. #36
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    Reckon Burns is finished and they might just throw Sibley in.
    That would be my call.

  7. #37
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Archer playing for Sussex tomorrow in a t20, so should be fine for first test.

    Possibly means Curran, Broad, and Woakes will compete for the last fast bowling position.

    I doubt they change the top 3 however unconvincing, Buttler and Stokes come in, and they'll pick one spinner (mo or leach).

    Burns, Roy, Denly, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Bairstow, Ali, Archer, Broad, Anderson is my best guess. Although lose against Ireland and they may get fidgety.

    It would be a brave call to leave out Woakes on home territory, especially after he bowled so well there in the WC semi-final. Maybe tomorrow will determine who gets the nod.

  8. #38
    International Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    10,324
    The BBC website has one of their interactive choose your team for the First Test things running and among the opening bat options is Alastair Cook.

  9. #39
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    England by an innings and plenty.
    Gonna be all over in a session then?
    Adders likes this.

  10. #40
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    67,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    The BBC website has one of their interactive choose your team for the First Test things running and among the opening bat options is Alastair Cook.
    From an Australian perspective, of the available choices on that site, I would run with Simpson and Lawry.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  11. #41
    International Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,038
    I have precisely zero hope if we go into the 1st Test with a batting line-up of:

    Burns, Roy, Denly, Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Ali.

    Would personally rather see:

    Burns, Roy, Sibley, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes

    At least Sibley and Ballance are going to try and stick around for a bit, not one-day players being shoe-horned in whiffing at anything outside off. I'm also going Woakes over Archer for the 1st Test. Give Jof a bit more time to get to full fitness, last thing we want is one of our gun bowlers breaking down with a side strain half way through the Test and seems a good opportunity to rest him given it's Woakes' home ground.
    Bijed likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    38.3
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome..its a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    42.6
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

  12. #42
    International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,264
    I can't wait to hear the barmy army when Australia bat first and Warner, Bancroft and Smith are the top 3

  13. #43
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    I have precisely zero hope if we go into the 1st Test with a batting line-up of:

    Burns, Roy, Denly, Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Ali.

    Would personally rather see:

    Burns, Roy, Sibley, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes

    At least Sibley and Ballance are going to try and stick around for a bit, not one-day players being shoe-horned in whiffing at anything outside off. I'm also going Woakes over Archer for the 1st Test. Give Jof a bit more time to get to full fitness, last thing we want is one of our gun bowlers breaking down with a side strain half way through the Test and seems a good opportunity to rest him given it's Woakes' home ground.
    Is there no better than Burns in CC? He looks horrendous and his technique is horrible.

  14. #44
    International Captain Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    I can't wait to hear the barmy army when Australia bat first and Warner, Bancroft and Smith are the top 3
    BA Ashes.jpg
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

    Na na na na na na na na na

    Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

    Na na na na na na na na na

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

  15. #45
    International Captain Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Posts
    7,120
    Well that's the shirt for this Ashes series.......should give you an idea of what to expect.

Page 3 of 336 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston
    By GIMH in forum Ashes 2015
    Replies: 2397
    Last Post: 19-08-2015, 07:25 PM
  2. The Ashes - Third Test at Edgbaston
    By Howe_zat in forum Cricket Web Commentary
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
  4. *Official Third Test at Edgbaston
    By superkingdave in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 3718
    Last Post: 15-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •