• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The ladies have already shown the path for the Aussies. Now for the gentlemen's turn to replicate the same.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Weather is set fair for the most part. Small chance of rain late in the day.

I’m running an event from 10am, up the ****ing English

aussie tragic

International Captain
Only 3 hours to go before the toss and we finally find out the Aussie XI.

Interesting to see that in 51 tests at Edgbaston, there have been 36 results whereby winning the toss and losing the toss both have 18 wins each. Also, teams batting first have won 17 while teams bowling first have won 19, so I guess the toss doesn't matter too much, however I think I'd much rather us bowling first (good toss to lose).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, London which is only 2 hours down the road. Nothing wrong with brummies btw and I'm sure despite the cold weather they will be giving your boys a very warm welcome tomorrow morning
Ahhh, there's nothing like a bunch of fat, pasty white guys, who are wearing handkerchiefs on their head and would get burnt under a dull light bulb, yelling stuff at people who are living out the dream that they would have possibly achieved themselves if they didn't end up in the shallow end of the gene pool.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Son of Coco’s hatred of the English is really quite something. Wonder if he’s accepted Jimmy Anderson as a great bowler yet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Son of Coco’s hatred of the English is really quite something. Wonder if he’s accepted Jimmy Anderson as a great bowler yet.
He literally comes back from hiatus every two years just to make lame jokes about how he thinks England suck, then stops posting against until the next time he can do that. I wonder if he even watches any cricket in between anymore.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Or the fact that Australia is a few rungs up the ladder in obesity to the UK, and as country they collectively **** themselves at the sight of the sun. You'll find more fat pasty white guys at an Aussie cricket ground than you will at one in the Mother Country.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Or the fact that Australia is a few rungs up the ladder in obesity to the UK, and as country they collectively **** themselves at the sight of the sun. You'll find more fat pasty white guys at an Aussie cricket ground than you will at one in the Mother Country.
Don’t stoop to it.

NB this is friendly advice rather than a Lord Protector instruction.

harsh.ag

Thought he meant pasty fans yelling at cricketers and liked the post, but apparently he just means pasty English fans yelling at Aussie übermensch.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Any middle aged man who feels the need to take his shirt off at the cricket should be given his marching orders immediately, regardless of nationality. Nobody needs to see that utterly repulsive sight

Jarquis

But that’s because there’s more blokes in the crowd watching games over here mate and as we both know, plenty of those blokes you mention are expats :ph34r:

Not that the above doesn’t mean SoC isn’t full of complete crap and I can tell you that as somebody who hasn’t read a single one of his posts for the last 5+ years.

Jarquis

Any middle aged man who feels the need to take his shirt off at the cricket should be given his marching orders immediately, regardless of nationality. Nobody needs to see that utterly repulsive sight
Only the middle aged? Only the men?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
GAS loves him some 94 year old topless women, obviously.
****e, walked myself right into that one.

In all seriousness though, hate blokes who feel the need to get their rig out at any opportunity. Big part of why I don't have much time for Faf du Plessis tbh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He literally comes back from hiatus every two years just to make lame jokes about how he thinks England suck, then stops posting against until the next time he can do that. I wonder if he even watches any cricket in between anymore.
Thought he meant pasty fans yelling at cricketers and liked the post, but apparently he just means pasty English fans yelling at Aussie übermensch.
But that’s because there’s more blokes in the crowd watching games over here mate and as we both know, plenty of those blokes you mention are expats :ph34r:

Not that the above doesn’t mean SoC isn’t full of complete crap and I can tell you that as somebody who hasn’t read a single one of his posts for the last 5+ years.
Not one of you blokes have pointed out how anything he's said is in anyway wrong.

Principally because he's right.

Adders tried but his comment was plainly wrong. The idea that Australians can't cop the sun compared with Poms is ludicrous and, frankly, infraction worthy. People drop dead over there at 30 degrees ffs. It's embarrassing.