• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would be really, really good if we can reach England's score being at most 1 down.

This is how I would hate to see any of our batsman get out..

Warner - Half-hearted leg side flick or full blooded shot at catchable height to point/cover
Bancroft - LBW or repeat of first innings
Khawaja - Moeen getting him, especially edging to keeper/slip or caught on the boundary
Smith - not out (heh)
Head - bowled through the gate
Wade - Caught in the slips, can't exactly describe the shot but he just feels for the ball when he should be leaving.

igorbalis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm going tomorrow, I think I've been quite lucky on a personal level. When Aus were nowt for 8, and to a lesser extent when mo left this morning I was starting to worry there might not be much of a 4th day at all.

I will accept us finishing off the Aus lower order tomorrow then Roy bashing a quick 50* while I have a few pints with the fancy dress bantz ladz, or us skittling them for 80 tonight and spending tomorrow morning sleeping in my lovely bed.

hazsa19

International Regular
Jimmys injury is just massive. If he’s fit Australia are probably already on their way to losing this. As it is, I reckon it’s 60/40 England.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Can't wait to see us collapse again. I think we'll have a hard time putting up a score even remotely large enough. And the fact that the patch is turning quite a lot probably means that Broad's cutters will grip nicely, so to confuse batsmen who go years without recieving one.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently we haven't won an ashes test in England after copping a first innings deficit since 1981