Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Road to the 2019 Ashes

My boy Labuschagne! The highest wicket taker as well as the top scorer for his team (so far).

International Regular GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    I am genuinely surprised in how well he has fared with the ball in county cricket. Been bowling with reasonably good economy, surprising as he has always had a bit of a tendency to bowl the odd long hop. Obviously he is working pretty heavily on his bowling, seems to be paying off
    2019 CWPL Care Cup champion

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    JP Kotze is a hero.

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borges View Post
    My boy Labuschagne! The highest wicket taker as well as the top scorer for his team (so far).
    Pretty poor bowling attack if numbers 1-4 all have less than 9 wkts after 4 games

****, Labuschagne now scored his 3rd hundred in 4 games + 9 wkts at 34, now guaranteed to be a Langer smokie

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    Pretty poor bowling attack if numbers 1-4 all have less than 9 wkts after 4 games
    As someone pointed out earlier, they're playing on roads. Hence Labushagme's batting stats

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    I am genuinely surprised in how well he has fared with the ball in county cricket. Been bowling with reasonably good economy, surprising as he has always had a bit of a tendency to bowl the odd long hop. Obviously he is working pretty heavily on his bowling, seems to be paying off
    You only have to roll the ball out of the back of your hand to cause the Poms problems. They play wrist spin in Braille.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Labuschagne with 182 gives him 527 runs @ 74.75 to go with his 9 wkts @ 34.33

Siddle took 3-29 and 1-17 to now have 14 wkts @ 20.14 to go with his 85.00 batting average

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    If Labuschagne plays ahead of Patterson, I'm gonna be so pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    You only have to roll the ball out of the back of your hand to cause the Poms problems. They play wrist spin in Braille.
    Yet they can't bowl it to save themselves (with the red ball at least). Hear people talk Mason Crane up and frankly he is truly dreadful

You should hate Crane Burgey, if not for him bowling continuous pies in that tour game, Jason Sangha would have probably not got his ton against England

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Pick FC performers!

*Labu performs in the country where the Ashes will be held

**** off Labu!
    vcs likes this.

Just read a crap article where Harris was asked how he felt about Warner clipping at his heels for the Ashes...he answered correctly by saying Warner is already there, however how is Harris considered so much above Burns

Harris - 6T, 327 runs @ 32.70, 2 fifties, 0 hundreds, FC average of 37.71

Burns - 16T, 1123 runs @ 40.10, 4 fifties, 4 hundreds, FC average of 40.24

U19 Cricketer
    Burns gets a tough rap and im never sure why, hasnt let OZ down, has made test runs and is a good batsman, easily should have played more tests

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1993 View Post
    Burns gets a tough rap and im never sure why, hasnt let OZ down, has made test runs and is a good batsman, easily should have played more tests
    He's not quite as good as his stats suggest. Watching him play for Queensland he seems to trigger batting collapses when the ball is doing a bit. He's probably least suited to English conditions.

Having said that he's done more in one test than Harris did in 6, so he deserves more chances.

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1993 View Post
    Yeah tbf though he has made big runs against some ordinary teams on flat wickets in his Test career so far, and generally failed when the going gets a little bit tough. Not that he's really played in many tough conditions, IIRC. Seems to have missed out on the more challenging tours to Asia/SA etc. and keep getting picked for home Tests against NZ/WI/SL etc, and made a big ton away against weak NZ.

looking at the stats that seems to be the case. Played 11 of his 16 tests at home and mostly against weak sides. The only typically challenging games he played in (vs SA and away vs SL) he failed miserably.

It's perfectly understandable why people feel hesitant about his chances in England

Hard for Burns to prove his worth overseas without getting a consistent run at it. He was poor against Sri Lanka and was dropped, since then he has been in and out of the team almost indiscriminately. Can't blame him for having a bad time in that Joburg test, flying in to an absolute crisis can't be easy at all.

Ultimately I am completely undecided on Burns V Harris, both have strengths and weaknesses of their own, it should probably be decided by form between now than then.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information