• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We never hear OS saying it’s lucky when some chump like Jadeja who can’t turn one on a decent surface rags one out of a nine inch deep foot mark on day one at Mumbai though. That’s just good bowling, aiming at that part of the surface.

Anyway, good to see Malan looking to set Australia a target on day five.

OverratedSanity

We never hear OS saying it’s lucky when some chump like Jadeja who can’t turn one on a decent surface rags one out of a nine inch deep foot mark on day one at Mumbai though. That’s just good bowling, aiming at that part of the surface.

Anyway, good to see Malan looking to set Australia a target on day five.
I've always said jadeja's lucky when he does that. He relies on natural variation more than any bowler in cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
The difference is, Johnson's ball to Cook would still have been a good ball if it hadn't deviated ridiculously off the pitch. Starc's was a bad ball heading down leg.

I'm sorry if I'm being anal but it was pretty much the definition of a lucky break. Doesn't mean Starc hasn't bowled well obviously.
Starc was most definitely trying to do that though. It was the point of that whole around the wicket line.

OverratedSanity

No, Herath does.
Eh, he has a great arm ball. Jaddu has one too but most of the time he just fires it in with crazy revs on the stumps and crosses his fingers hoping that some just go straight on.

That's kind of what I'm getting at. The element of luck is massive in those wickets, but it's also intelligent bowling. The two are not mutually exclusive. Same with the Starc dismissal.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eh, he has a great arm ball. Jaddu has one too but most of the time he just fires it in with crazy revs on the stumps and crosses his fingers hoping that some just go straight on.
Never seen Herath bowl a proper arm ball. Always one with sidespin that skids rather than gripping.

It just occurred to me that when the ball does something unusual and Smith gets out, like today, it looks horribly awkward.

TheJediBrah

Starc's wicket wasn't any more lucky then Anderson's this morning. Vince just the victim of bad luck, like steve smith

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Flashback for the rain break....

What about that leave?????

Holding makes a salient point about Smith: When you have good eye/hand coordination you can more or less play any stroke.