• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
We desperately need the best of the conditions and an overdue collapse from Aus.
I agree and a lot is going to need to go right for us to get a positive result.

I'm worried though that we're all (including the Eng team) expecting/relying on the pink ball under lights to be hooping around corners like an overcast day in Headingley. It's not.

Compton

International Debutant
Yeah I think the players have been pretty vocal that the difficulty in batting at night is picking the ball out of the hand, rather than extreme lateral movement.

Woodster

International Captain
I agree and a lot is going to need to go right for us to get a positive result.

I'm worried though that we're all (including the Eng team) expecting/relying on the pink ball under lights to be hooping around corners like an overcast day in Headingley. It's not.
There should be more in the pitch though if they are going to leave a bit more grass on it and under lights it should get a little more difficult to bat and offer the bowlers a bit more surely ? I'm sure it won't do quite as much as what some people are hoping for though.

Cow

Banned
It'll be a road. It's Adelaide.

However, as someone mentioned before, batsmen might have trouble picking up the pink ball therefore causing edges, plays and misses etc.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
They have a grass hill, they have a fabulous scoreboard and they have a distinct lack of Queenslanders. It's practically perfect.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Overton to play. Win this one and we're back in it with 3 to play and stoles to return at the waca where he hit his maiden century on his 2nd test.
Good chance us getting a result in adelaide if the ball does a bit. These australians are terrifoed of a moving ball, as the have been for the last 20 years

Cow

Banned
Yes, England's WACA record is indeed historically excellent.
I blame Perth. Just a nothing city. And full of strange Aussies in massive peaked caps listening to dub step, which by all accounts is the worst music ever created.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Planned to get up early today so I could sleep for 3-5 hours before play tonight. Bottled it spectacularly. It's going to be a very long night.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the good of the series, England must win this one.

If they lose, I guess I'll cheer for the 5-0.

OverratedSanity

Yeah please let this be a competitive series. As much as I'd enjoy seeing England get destroyed 5-0, we've all gotten so used to teams getting smashed overseas that the novelty has worn off.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
3.30am start is going to kill me.. but I’m looking forward to watching this. We really do need to win this one.

vcs

It's annoying that the time will almost completely overlap with the India match.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Going to be a busy morning as the RL final is on at 9am too. I’ll be watching one on tv the other on my phone. :cool: