• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah good one Moonsorrow. 1 solitary poster with his first post on this forum compares Stoke to Messi (well he didn't even he just made some weird analogy using the 2)..........a half a dozen people then laugh at it and your deduction is that we overate Stokes??
Yeah good one Adders. 1 solitary poster with his 117th post on this forum says we overate Stokes (well he didn't even he just said Stokes was overrated in general) ............a few people then laugh at it and your deduction is that he thinks this forum overrate stokes??

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah good one Adders. 1 solitary poster with his 117th post on this forum says we overate Stokes (well he didn't even he just said Stokes was overrated in general) ............a few people then laugh at it and your deduction is that he thinks this forum overrate stokes??
Are you really that stupid Brah?? I thought you were supposed to be the most intelligent player in every team you've played in???

TheJediBrah

adders wasn't referring to moonsorrow, he was talking about the person who made the comparison in the first place
I didn't even read any of the other posts in this thread. Just talking ****.

edit: actually I read back and can't really see anything wrong with what I said?

Are you really that stupid Brah?? I thought you were supposed to be the most intelligent player in every team you've played in???
Come on dude, I wasn't expecting a sensible response but this exceeds my worst expectations. You know by now not to take anything I say seriously, but do you really have to go around calling people "stupid"?

Reflects poorly on you

Reflects poorly on me too though I should know by now not to respond to you with anything but the utmost seriousness

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There is something about this thread. It is a magnet for arguments. Too much Stokesiness present.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No, Stokes is an alpha beast. Messi though is arguably one of the best half dozen footballers ever. Stokes isn't in that bracket yet.
Good has he is, here's nothing about him that suggests to me he'll ever become a supposed all time great.

He's a good player, made to look better by way of the fact that he is surrounded by peers who are by and large mostly fairly ordinary imo.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apropos nothing in particular I understand that Stokes bought the house he now lives in from this bloke

The second Mrs Fertang would have greeted such a revelation with a diatribe on the subject of bad feng shui, but not to me as she no longer acknowledges my existence since the court ordered her to give me my money back :)

TheJediBrah

Apropos nothing in particular I understand that Stokes bought the house he now lives in from this bloke

The second Mrs Fertang would have greeted such a revelation with a diatribe on the subject of bad feng shui, but not to me as she no longer acknowledges my existence since the court ordered her to give me my money back :)
How tf did you manage that? Beat the system

fredfertang

How tf did you manage that? Beat the system
When I moved in with her about ten years before we got married I used what capital I had to pay off her mortgage. No doubt relying on the fact that I wouldn't be able to prove it the bitch then claimed that she had paid it off herself from her savings (she had removed from my belongings before I moved out what she thought was the only evidence I had to prove it (my ancient building society passbook)

Unfortunately for her, and to my great relief, I was able to get the records eventually from my bank so could prove my case. Rather than burst into tears and say it was all my fault she was confused as I was such a **** of a husband she then decided to carry on lying and tried to brazen it out - to cut a long story short the Judge, a notorious 'wife's judge' who had really taken against me when I gave evidence (can't say I blame him as I had behaved badly a couple of times in the past when I appeared in front of him), did a complete volte face and accepted all my evidence, clearly hated her and ordered her to pay me the whole bloody lot back

I will go to my grave and not have as much as fun as I did when her idiot barrister decided to take me to task about the value of a collection of cricket books - the bloke didn't have a ****ing clue - he tried to tell me they were worth £100k, I very carefully explained why they were worth £40k tops, and I knew it was going my way when the judge said he appreciated my clearly genuine attempt to assist him but he thought I was probably guilty of thinking my ducks were swans and he wasn't going to take their value as more than £20k

It probably won't surprise you to know that on the one subsequent occasion I've appeared in front of him I was well behaved in the extreme.

Gnske

Where were you a few decades ago when Fred could have used that advice!! That's like telling a lung cancer victim on his deathbed not to smoke.
I'd tell him to smoke, because it looks cool and I'd want to look cool as I was dying.

It really does work.