• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia lack world class batting talent

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would consider switching Patteh for Wilson, and moving him to #6, but honestly, Patteh is great and I love him, while Wilson supports Essendon. Easy choice.

91Jmay

International Coach
Aussies are top heavy but they have a comparable batting line up to any other side. In slow conditions they seem to lack the ability to change their game though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how many other sides have more than two world class bats?
This is the key point. 3 world-class bats at any time is quite a luxury & Aust aren't far off that, if not for Warner's slump his last 3-4 tests since knocking booze on the head.

flibbertyjibber

Aussies are top heavy but they have a comparable batting line up to any other side. In slow conditions they seem to lack the ability to change their game though.
That is the problem, too one dimensional. Only really Rogers can adapt and to be honest I expected Voges would having played so much cricket over here but he was arguably the worst offender. Guess you can put it down to nerves and the occasion but he has to improve on that.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
This is the key point. 3 world-class bats at any time is quite a luxury & Aust aren't far off that, if not for Warner's slump his last 3-4 tests since knocking booze on the head.
yep, the guys at the top are as good as any side can put up apart from probably south africa.

the supporting cast however is an issue. look at what stokes and ali contributed in the last test then look at aussies equivalent.

Zinzan

just lol

India probably have batsmen in their A-team better than Watling and Taylor
You're massively underrating Ross Taylor if you really believe that. The guy averages 45 in test cricket with 12 tons and was one of the top 2-3 bats in the world in 2013, even if he has been short on test runs recently.

Who are these Indian A players you refer to?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think it's a question of ability. All of the top six have played excellent innings on slow pitches. They know, intellectually, what to do. Whether it's habit, obstinacy, stupidity or sheer arrogance, though, they simply refuse to do it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
India probably have batsmen in their A-team better than Watling and Taylor
To borrow the logic you dickishly use on everyone who disagrees with you about Australian players... I watch a lot of New Zealand and Indian cricket, and let me tell you that you are wrong.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I don't think it's a question of ability. All of the top six have played excellent innings on slow pitches. They know, intellectually, what to do. Whether it's habit, obstinacy, stupidity or sheer arrogance, though, they simply refuse to do it.
#intent

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah but consistency is all that matters really, most international top 6 batsmen in the top 5 ranked sides have the ability to play on all manner of pitches I would say

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but consistency is all that matters really, most international top 6 batsmen in the top 5 ranked sides have the ability to play on all manner of pitches I would say
Oh I absolutely agree. Which is why this continues to be exceptionally frustrating. It's not a question of ability/personnel/structural issues with the team, it just requires them to not bat like ****ing dumbasses. This better be a wake-up call, because otherwise they are not going to enjoy this series very much.

flibbertyjibber

Oh I absolutely agree. Which is why this continues to be exceptionally frustrating. It's not a question of ability/personnel/structural issues with the team, it just requires them to not bat like ****ing dumbasses.
Does Lehmann take some blame for this?