• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piers Morgan bowled Lee no score 3 bruises

the big bambino

International Captain
I've not faced anyone seriously good or quick like some here as I'm not a good cricketer. From that perspective I wasn't comfortable watching Lee bowl at Morgan. The latter was always going to be clearly over matched if the bowler took it seriously which he did. For all his playing up to the camera and waving Lee on Morgan was scared as anyone who has seen even a little of cricket and knows what it means when a batsmen retreats to square. Even a novice watching his body language would have known that. Morgan could've been badly hurt and how would have Lee felt then? Everyone involved would have been ashamed on reflection. That possibility was always at the forefront and bcos of it there was no humour in the session. I started this thread and I suppose should have said what I felt at the time. I guess I fell for the beat up.

Anyway I was glad when it finished and it was a poor way to promote cricket as a bullying entertainment. With one exception; it was funny watching Warne trying to crawl up Morgan and the crowd keeping their hands firmly in their pockets.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No surprise to see who his footy team is I guess :ph34r:
Gotta feel sympathy for our lot though. He's managed to infultriate his way into my life through supporting every team I support, and posting ****e about it on social media.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I've not faced anyone seriously good or quick like some here as I'm not a good cricketer. From that perspective I wasn't comfortable watching Lee bowl at Morgan. The latter was always going to be clearly over matched if the bowler took it seriously which he did. For all his playing up to the camera and waving Lee on Morgan was scared as anyone who has seen even a little of cricket and knows what it means when a batsmen retreats to square. Even a novice watching his body language would have known that. Morgan could've been badly hurt and how would have Lee felt then? Everyone involved would have been ashamed on reflection. That possibility was always at the forefront and bcos of it there was no humour in the session. I started this thread and I suppose should have said what I felt at the time. I guess I fell for the beat up.

Anyway I was glad when it finished and it was a poor way to promote cricket as a bullying entertainment. With one exception; it was funny watching Warne trying to crawl up Morgan and the crowd keeping their hands firmly in their pockets.
Are you serious? It's not like they made Piers do it! He's asked to do it, in a direct response to the English batsmen not coping with Australia's hostile fast bowling. If he received anything other than a quick bowling barrage, I guarantee you he would have been tweeting immediately about how easy it was to face up, and how if he can do it anyone can, etc, and the entire point of the stunt is missed entirely.

Your sympathy is completely misguided, and I say that just in relation to what he's said/done in the last few weeks, not even about what he's 'accomplished' in his lifetime.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In The Ashes Verdict up here Butch, RGD Willis & Dizzy were all pretty scathing of Morgan. Butch said it was disappointing he was being given even more oxygen of publicity, Willis said his ego would fit in well with Pietersen's and Warner's but Gillespie delivered the mot juste: said if there'd been another over Warne would've been giving him mouth to mouth because he was all over loving him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the replay. It's still funny to watch and as someone else said, it makes you realise how quick 145+ is.

Did Morgan really end up with a broken wrist as Slats just mentioned?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you serious? It's not like they made Piers do it! He's asked to do it, in a direct response to the English batsmen not coping with Australia's hostile fast bowling. If he received anything other than a quick bowling barrage, I guarantee you he would have been tweeting immediately about how easy it was to face up, and how if he can do it anyone can, etc, and the entire point of the stunt is missed entirely.

Your sympathy is completely misguided, and I say that just in relation to what he's said/done in the last few weeks, not even about what he's 'accomplished' in his lifetime.
I totally agree with everything you just said there and I loved every single second of it, but to be fair to TBB his sympathy for Piers probably just means he's a decent hearted bloke whereas we are just dead set ****s........as is Lee and every other fast bowler that has ever played the game. Special breed of animal those quicks!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I totally agree with everything you just said there and I loved every single second of it, but to be fair to TBB his sympathy for Piers probably just means he's a decent hearted bloke whereas we are just dead set ****s........as is Lee and every other fast bowler that has ever played the game. Special breed of animal those quicks!!
:( I just don't get expressing sympathy for someone who is in complete control of that whole situation.

Piers Morgan is definitely not a decent hearted bloke, come on
Not sure if srs. He's saying the big bambino is decent hearted.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

No no no no...you're way off board here friend. If anything, it should've promoted the foolishness of false bravado. I'm not a bully but it would've been apt if he'd broken an arm, or a rib or something similar.

As for all the ass-kissers dripping off Morgan (Gayle, Warne etc)..he distinctly said he'd get in line and play properly, and he ended up at square leg. Should've put Boony at short leg to tell him to get off his toes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Piers Morgan is only worth listening to on gun laws. And ironically I'd justify relaxing them just for him :ph34r:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Piers Morgan is only worth listening to on gun laws. And ironically I'd justify relaxing them just for him :ph34r:
Just found the video where he interviews some loony called Alex Jones. Am looking forward to watching it. Sounds like he manages to put forth all of the idiotic American arguments for guns in one video. Well done Alex!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just found the video where he interviews some loony called Alex Jones. Am looking forward to watching it. Sounds like he manages to put forth all of the idiotic American arguments for guns in one video. Well done Alex!
Yeah if I'd never heard of him but for his gun law arguments I'd think he was a great guy.

Loads of Americans petitioned for him to be deported last year. Cue lots of '**** off we don't want him back' reactions here

the big bambino

International Captain
Anyone can be goaded into a situation they can't handle and feel obliged to go ahead with a foolishness they would instinctively avoid or retract with some dignity. The person who dishes out the inevitable consequence is a bully as he is aware his opponent is over matched. To that I'd add a weasel as he tries to shift the responsibility for the consequences on the person who was goaded into accepting the challenge. I'm not aware of the chronology of events but Lee entered a challenge he knew he couldn't lose and that doesn't reflect well on him. As it was he hit him 3 times and was lucky not to break bones.

What did we learn - that international fast bowler can hit and humiliate a talk show host? Well duh. If you know that and watch a spectacle of humiliation then that concerns me. Its not enough to say he deserved it for the unstated reason that he is hated bcos of his opinions. It was a pretty lurid session and maybe those involved need to reflect on why they participated. It was a piss poor thing for cricket to promote.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone can be goaded into a situation they can't handle and feel obliged to go ahead with a foolishness they would instinctively avoid or retract with some dignity. The person who dishes out the inevitable consequence is a bully as he is aware his opponent is over matched. To that I'd add a weasel as he tries to shift the responsibility for the consequences on the person who was goaded into accepting the challenge. I'm not aware of the chronology of events but Lee entered a challenge he knew he couldn't lose and that doesn't reflect well on him. As it was he hit him 3 times and was lucky not to break bones.

What did we learn - that international fast bowler can hit and humiliate a talk show host? Well duh. If you know that and watch a spectacle of humiliation then that concerns me. Its not enough to say he deserved it for the unstated reason that he is hated bcos of his opinions. It was a pretty lurid session and maybe those involved need to reflect on why they participated. It was a piss poor thing for cricket to promote.
Could not agree more with this.