• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I don't understand why the hate in the thread for swann leaving suddenly. Damien Martyn equally just left mid series iirrc and no one got on his case. Seems like double standards.
Martyn was tapped on the shoulder iirc. I think the England selectors would be relatively sorry to see Swann go.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
By calling up both Scott Borthwick and James Tredwell to their Test squad, England are keeping their options open to the possibility of playing 2 spinners in Sydney.
They aren't going to play two spinners. They called them up in case of injury to Monty. Borthwick is out there already and the bald headed assassin(to which I'd forget about) is just coming out there a couple of weeks earlier than he would have otherwise to cover injuries.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
All the Aussies who retired between the end of 06/07 ashes and 2009 ashes should have retired at 3-0 in that 06/07 series. Maybe all the new players in 2009 would have had more chance of winning the ashes.

Really was selfish to put there own personal ambitions before the development of the team.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim Bresnan (bless his heart, but clearly not Mensa material) is very much the Karl Pilkington to his Ricky Gervais and Anderson's Stephen Merchant, if their Twatter exchanges are anything to go by. Which is fine if a player can take it, but some can't.
Personally feel Bres is a bit sharper than portrayed. Probably plays on the 'dim and simple' vibes he gives off in interviews.

91Jmay

International Coach
Swann's comments are pretty obviously about Warner to be honest. He has a point to, you can say England were dicks when we beat Aus and that might be true but no way would we ever have done half the stuff Warner does. Jumping towards our fielders when he scored tons, walking to the crease with batsmen. Its embarrassing, and I really hope it does bite him on the arse.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still yet to see the footage of him jumping towards any English players in particular (as opposed to in some random direction). Anyone got a clip?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the video on YouTube. He takes his helmet off and seems to shout 'yeah' while moving in Prior's direction, but the continues straight down the wicket and jumps in the air. I think saying he jumped at Prior is a bit rich.

And maybe Prior's been a complete knob while batting like a tailender...who knows?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann's comments are pretty obviously about Warner to be honest. He has a point to, you can say England were dicks when we beat Aus and that might be true but no way would we ever have done half the stuff Warner does. Jumping towards our fielders when he scored tons, walking to the crease with batsmen. Its embarrassing, and I really hope it does bite him on the arse.
I thought he mentioned the English dressing room in his comments.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No he did mention the England dressing room, in the next paragraph.
Wih the head up arses comment?

Edit:

Graeme Swann ‏@Swannyg66 21h
@MichaelVaughan don't jump to conclusions Vaughney. I wasn't talking about the England dressing room or anyone in it. You too bbc.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
He "jumped" at Prior after his ton, bcos just maybe, Prior sledged him all the way through it. Keep it to yourselves but keepers are sometimes known to chat the batsmen.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's still knobbish behaviour tbh, however you look at it. And would explain Swann's comments, not that I think they were particularly necessary at that moment.