• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Conditions in Australia

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
The opener at Brisbane will be nasty. We already know how Bouncy the Gabba can be well rang me father the other day who lives in Brisbane. He said they have not had rain in 3 months.
So Australia and England will go from some of the slowest tracks we have seen to probably the fastest track they will see all summer. Could be carnage. And for players that have never really played Brisbane wicket in the English team they wont know what hit them.

Hooksey

Banned
The opener at Brisbane will be nasty. We already know how Bouncy the Gabba can be well rang me father the other day who lives in Brisbane. He said they have not had rain in 3 months.
So Australia and England will go from some of the slowest tracks we have seen to probably the fastest track they will see all summer. Could be carnage. And for players that have never really played Brisbane wicket in the English team they wont know what hit them.
Shaun Tait where are you?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Going to be nice seeing a 90mph delivery clear the ****ing stumps.

You could tell the double bounces took their toll on Raddin's knees by the end.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The question will of course be on the Adelaide drop in. When Melbourne first went in it was a pile of horse ****, then eventually got better (only in moderately recent times I may add). It will be interesting to see how Adelaide plays first up.
To be fair, it can't be too much different/worse to the old Adelaide deck, unless it's one of those drop ins which refuses to deteriorate or really change at all (which tbf might be most of them)
The fear is, of course, is that it will be two paced, if not just slow, from the get go, meaning scoring will be hard. Basically like we saw a few times in England.
Have spoken to Burdett about this, reckons it'll be the same old AO for the most part mainly because they've just gotten better at drop-ins. They're developed locally, will have a similar soil profile to the usual deck so I doubt there's much danger of the deck being much like the others around the country. Mind you, for all the **** AO cops for being easy for batting (not unfairly), at least we see results these days. Until it was dug up in the early 90's, boredraws were the norm; only the touring WI managed a result there in nearly a decade.

On Harris, being a quality bowler, he'll likely bowl well no matter what the AO decks look like but I've maintained for a long time, to really take poles, you need at least one outrageous ball or at least the threat of one. Like McGrath, who I'm pretty sure never took 5 there, Harris's style means he'll contribute but I doubt he'll bust out and take 7 unless literally everyone else is blowing. So any attack with him and Siddle in it, for the flat decks, needs someone who can really swing the ball.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Am sad to see the demise of AO number 2, though; now there was a deck with some juice.

Top_Cat

If there wasn't already a massive glut of quick bowling talent about the place, Chadd would surely be in the running. As it stands, if he has a good start to the year, he may be in the running anyway. Meteoric rise no matter what happens.

Was that bowling or batting?
I promise you I was referring to my batting.

They're gone soon too :(
Aww man.