Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Playing Conditions in Australia

  1. #31
    State Regular GuyFromLancs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I don't remember that comment. I just remember you saying that Prior will get out when he does (biggest call ever) and Bresnan will be Bresnan (second biggest call ever). I back Australia's bowling over England's in Australia its just I back England's batting over Australia's.
    And I'm now asking what grounds to you have to believe your bowling attack has the edge on ours.

    Because I can't see one
    World XI Since 1990 -

    1. Gooch 2. Dravid 3. Ponting 4. Tendulkar 5. Lara 6. Kallis 7. Gilchrist 8. Akram 9. Warne 10. Ambrose 11. McGrath

  2. #32
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromLancs View Post
    And I'm now asking what grounds to you have to believe your bowling attack has the edge on ours.

    Because I can't see one
    Perth and Brisbane ****

  3. #33
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,408
    I can sort of see why one might think that Harris is an English conditions bowler because he does swing the ball, but he can also be a good seam bowler when he wants to be too.
    And if you're going to apply that logic, then you'd also expect Anderson to be poor, and Broad, Finn and Bird to be much better. The reality is that there's a bit more to bowling than that. Harris, Broad, Pattinson are all bowlers who can operate as both swing and seam bowlers depending on conditions.

    I think that it's going to be less about bowling conditions and more about batting conditions. We are yet to see how Root goes on fast bouncey wickets - I expect him to do well because I rate him, but still he's untested. The likes of Watson, Clarke, Haddin et al are more likely to enjoy those conditions than the slower wickets of England.

  4. #34
    International Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    5,837
    tbh I'm a little worried about Smitteh, I think he has a preference for slower wickets
    There are two colours in my head


  5. #35
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromLancs View Post
    I disagree. I think both Cook and Trott looked incredibly at home in Australia. I mean, it could have been a one-off, sure. But observations on why they were successful out there seem consistent with how they actually were.

    Look on Youtube, I've never seen Cook play cover drives with the authority he did on that tour.
    My grandmother who turns 92 tomorrow would have looked at home on the last England tour with th ecrap Australia dished up to the Poms. Seriously, they batted well but there was virtually zero pressure placed on them in any consistent fashion.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    just this side of cool
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    There'll be more pace in every pitch, even Adelaide and Melbourne, than there was in the English pitches this winter.

    I can assure you, Harris is not just an English conditions bowler.
    ^ Agree.

  7. #37
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,639
    australian conditions will be warmer with less rain
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  8. #38
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,128
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    australian conditions will be warmer with less rain
    And more ****s despite there being less people

  9. #39
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,777
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    australian conditions will be warmer with less rain
    That's funny because it was 14 degrees at times during the last Boxing Day Test*

    *may have been Sydney.

  10. #40
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    And more ****s despite there being less people
    That's because all the Poms who fly in will be at the grounds

  11. #41
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Bushranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    83
    The opener at Brisbane will be nasty. We already know how Bouncy the Gabba can be well rang me father the other day who lives in Brisbane. He said they have not had rain in 3 months.
    So Australia and England will go from some of the slowest tracks we have seen to probably the fastest track they will see all summer. Could be carnage. And for players that have never really played Brisbane wicket in the English team they wont know what hit them.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    just this side of cool
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    The opener at Brisbane will be nasty. We already know how Bouncy the Gabba can be well rang me father the other day who lives in Brisbane. He said they have not had rain in 3 months.
    So Australia and England will go from some of the slowest tracks we have seen to probably the fastest track they will see all summer. Could be carnage. And for players that have never really played Brisbane wicket in the English team they wont know what hit them.
    Shaun Tait where are you?

  13. #43
    State 12th Man wiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mt Colah
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Could be carnage.
    Tall English bowlers could do well. Captain carnage can bat for both teams.

  14. #44
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,525
    conditions will be perfect, like they always are

  15. #45
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,639
    its is dry though

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What conditions would you want for your team?
    By GIMH in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
  2. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
  3. Playing Australia
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •