• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
These cliches strengthen if a couple of guys use the term early on. But I still think you shouldn't doubt it because of his length inconsistency.

Woakesy! :toot:
Well I do hope he thinks, yeah, but no more so than other bowlers. Certainly to no greater effect because the amount of times he reverts to a shorter length when it is clearly the wrong thing to do goes beyond simple lack of control. I think more thn anything he just gets wound up at being hit for boundaries, so subconsciously starts banging it in a bit more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well I do hope he thinks, yeah, but no more so than other bowlers. Certainly to no greater effect because the amount of times he reverts to a shorter length when it is clearly the wrong thing to do goes beyond simple lack of control. I think more thn anything he just gets wound up at being hit for boundaries, so subconsciously starts banging it in a bit more.
When he's bowling well he's very good at setting batsmen up. But that could be pre prepared plans executed well ofc

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
On the subject of Broad, I think he's just more dependent on rhythm than most. The fact that he sometimes bowls a bit too short doesn't make him stupid. Or at least I hope it doesn't, otherwise I'd be as thick as mustard...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When he's bowling well he's very good at setting batsmen up. But that could be pre prepared plans executed well ofc
The people saying are usually people that have actually, you know, met him and talked to him about his bowling. They'd kind of know.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The people saying are usually people that have actually, you know, met him and talked to him about his bowling. They'd kind of know.
I remember that time he missed the Colombo test through injury, and basically used his time off to tell everyone on Twitter why they were wrong for thinking Strauss was horrendous for not having five slips. In interviews he also does quite a lot of talking about field positions and what he's trying to do, more so than other bowlers.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the subject of Broad, I think he's just more dependent on rhythm than most. The fact that he sometimes bowls a bit too short doesn't make him stupid. Or at least I hope it doesn't, otherwise I'd be as thick as mustard...
I think this too. In a way it's his strength that in between the days where it all clicks he's bowling a foot too short and not quite getting the wickets rather than giving away easy runs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Smith currently has his series average above 40 now. Australia has got 4 over 40 to England's 1.