• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
looking forward to smith bowling more overs in this innings than faulkner
Smith was always going to be of more use on this wicket than Faulkner; one of the reasons I stated before the match that I thought it was a bad selection even if Watson couldn't bowl.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's pretty clear to me they planned on picking agar, and once he was ruled out with his illness, they decided to stick with the some bowling all-rounder thingy for some reason

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it's pretty clear to me they planned on picking agar, and once he was ruled out with his illness, they decided to stick with the some bowling all-rounder thingy for some reason
Yeah I think they just decided that he deserved selection more than the failing bats based on his work on tour etc, and that they didn't actually give a **** if it made the team worse anyway. Which is absolutely dire IMO. Honestly would've made much more sense to play Maxwell even despite the fact that he wasn't in the squad.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I think they just decided that he deserved selection more than the failing bats based on his work on tour etc, and that they didn't actually give a **** if it made the team worse anyway. Which is absolutely dire IMO. Honestly would've made much more sense to play Maxwell even despite the fact that he wasn't in the squad.
Think they just wanted to make Wade sad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Faulkner has pretty much used the first innings as a glorified ODI practice match. A run a ball 23 and 7 economical overs. Can't wait for his 3 over slower ball out the back of the hand spell later on.

Also, gee that Tim Gilbert irritates me. I dislike being stuck on GEM for the next half hour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Faulkner has pretty much used the first innings as a glorified ODI practice match. A run a ball 23 and 7 economical overs. Can't wait for his 3 over slower ball out the back of the hand spell later on.

Also, gee that Tim Gilbert irritates me. I dislike being stuck on GEM for the next half hour.
Still not got Foxtel connected?