• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm beginning to listen to the people who say this guy isn't right for test cricket, still just a regular Cowan though.
I've heard from many sources that Khawaja is a softcock. I don't want to sound stereotypical but it doesn't surprise me.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If I were selectors I'd force Clarke to rat out the Watson faction and send them on the next flight to Australia. Or maybe the next boat to Australia. Ideally leaky.
I'm not saying 1+1 always equals 2, but does that mean Arthur may have been an innocent caught in a no win situation?

91Jmay

International Coach
Bull**** sorry. The bloke is meant to be a FC and test number three. If he can't rotate the strike then he shouldn't be there. It's an embarrassment. He's a walking marshmallow he's that soft between the ears.
Well then maybe he isn't a test match player because he clearly wasn't good enough against Swann today.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Rogers
Cowan
Hughes
Bailey
Clarke
Smith
Haddin
Agar
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris

For next tests. Cowan can at least bat the new ball when he's opening and normally looks to have the temperament wouldn't make major changes though so wed be stuck with this squad

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Weird how Bell is behind square for Clarke. You'd have thought with Clarke comming down regularly he'd be more infront of square.

Spikey

Usman's performance today was a real win for the style of criticism aimed at Usman that PEWS helped pioneer

dermo

International Vice-Captain
that's exactly the reason Khawahja hasn't cracked the team yet, makes scores in shield cricket when he gets a lot more boundary balls but atm he's just not cut out for it.

morgieb

Rogers
Cowan
Hughes
Bailey
Clarke
Smith
Haddin
Agar
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris

For next tests. Cowan can at least bat the new ball when he's opening and normally looks to have the temperament wouldn't make major changes though so wed be stuck with this squad
I'd take any batsman who isn't Watson, Khawaja or Warner at this rate. Even if it means sticking with deadweights like Cowan.

Clarke needs to go all AB now.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Poor dismissal for sure but your going to cut him loose after 1 brain explosion after some of the **** our top order has put out in recent years. Give him a chance to settle. If he keeps doing it then hes not good enough.

morgieb

Usman's performance today was a real win for the style of criticism aimed at Usman that PEWS helped pioneer
Yes. I don't think Cribb's thoughts on cricket forums can become widespread agreements like they are on rugby league forums but he has a huge point with Uzzie.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Strewth. I left the innings at 37 for 0 and came back to find this, with both Aus referrals gone. And Bresnan with two wickets, which I absolutely didn't see coming. wtf has been going on?

Burgey

If one of these substitute ****s runs out Clarke or takes a catch while the other arseholes are off getting their knobs polished I will need a new 60" plasma.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone clarify the sub rules to me? How is it that England have a fielding coach as sub fielder? Don't you have to have a 12th man for that?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Would Adam Voges not be worth a shout? He looks a really good character from what I've seen.
Voges Anna Bailey in. Voges is another one if the bunch who aren't exciting players who scores in crazy ways but are good level headed guys that our selectirs over look time and time again