• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This really has been a good spell from Maxwell. Looks so much better bowling around the wicket; it's almost silly.

91Jmay

International Coach
Pretty good job from Aus A really. Selectors have sent them out on a bit of a hiding to nothing with this attack, but they are containing well.

Riggins

International Captain
That over was a great example of the fallacy of "the importance of getting in a big stride on the front foot," or indeed just the appearance of a big stride.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
This really has been a good spell from Maxwell. Looks so much better bowling around the wicket; it's almost silly.
Yeah, even at local levels I've found that off spinners of questionable quality always look far better when bowling around the wicket - I think it naturally gets you a bit more side-on, which creates a lot more of a 'drive' through with the back hip, which can add extra revs and aid drift a little. I've always been a fan when Lyon goes around the stumps, tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, even at local levels I've found that off spinners of questionable quality always look far better when bowling around the wicket - I think it naturally gets you a bit more side-on, which creates a lot more of a 'drive' through with the back hip, which can add extra revs and aid drift a little. I've always been a fan when Lyon goes around the stumps, tbh.
Yeah this is very true. I say this as a hack off spinner who bowls better around the wicket. :ph34r:

It's so pronounced with Maxwell that I honestly think he should look to do it near enough all the time though, regardless of who's on strike.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meanwhile, at the MCG, Dermo Abbott dismisses the in form Test leg spinning all rounder Cameron White.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And then knocks over noted Test aspirant Aaron Finch first rock.

Edit: as noted by possible Test finger spinner PEWS