• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sat right near the Barmy Army today. They do get repetitive at times, but still largely good value.
Where were you? I was right next to them, in Bay 12.

Agree that they do get repetitive, but fairly good value. Until the bloke behind me started asking if Khawaja was allowed to fly/had to fly in his own plane. WAC.

Edit: Ironic too, considering that he has his commercial piloting license, IIRC.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where were you? I was right next to them, in Bay 12.

Agree that they do get repetitive, but fairly good value. Until the bloke behind me started asking if Khawaja was allowed to fly/had to fly in his own plane. WAC.

Edit: Ironic too, considering that he has his commercial piloting license, IIRC.
Yeah I was in bay 12 too.

flibbertyjibber

Good day for England in the end, the bits i saw of Khawaja were impressive. Nice to see he has got the "throw away your innings when set bug" from the rest of the side. :laugh:

Bresnan getting good rewards again is a surprise, looks a different bowler over here to what we have seen before, long may it continue.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'm not surprised to see Haddin coming in ahead of Schofield Smith.
:laugh: Plenty of merit in that comparison at this stage unfortunately.

And re Khawaja on the front foot, that certainly caught my eye as well, there have been murmurings around for a while that he's a bit Cook-ish when the ball is full around his off stump. And he looked very unconvincing during his brief battle with Swann, hardly suprising though given the quality of spin he's been exposed to so far in his shield career.

All things considered I think he looks a great prospect though, his technical problems are nothing in comparison to Phillip Hughes' issues and his judgement looks pretty sound. He's clearly head and shoulders above Ferguson, Marsh or any of the other young(ish) batsman gunning for a test spot.

Spark

Global Moderator
I liked that he didn't follow the ball though. Even when he was beaten, he played down the line.

benchmark00

Haha, loved the conga line with the Flintstones lads.

Wish I had've known, would've smuggled you in some Oportos. Literally.
Yeah, those flinstones boys came and sat in front also. Pommy boys in dresses were good value all day. Couple of them were top notch blokes.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I liked that he didn't follow the ball though. Even when he was beaten, he played down the line.
He did look fairly safe outside off stump most of the time. Knows when to leave the ball. Less said about Hughes and Clarke the better.

Watto must have a serious mental issue. There's no way you can put on 40-50 runs every innings then get out due to a technical error

Spark

Global Moderator
He did look fairly safe outside off stump most of the time. Knows when to leave the ball. Less said about Hughes and Clarke the better.

Watto must have a serious mental issue. There's no way you can put on 40-50 runs every innings then get out due to a technical error
It's pretty obvious he's losing concentration about that time, he'd been leaving much tighter balls than that all day. Did something almost identical in Adelaide.

Didn't take him long to realise his mistake though. And how.

pasag

RTDAS
Honestly don't believe it's a mental thing with Watson, just a bit of bad luck. That shot to Benn first thing in the morning was very silly though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So what do you guys reckon is a par score? If we get Hussey or Haddin in the first 4 or 5 overs tonight then I'd expect us to bowl you out for 250 or so, but we all know that those two are capable of building an innings for the aussies.

flibbertyjibber

So what do you guys reckon is a par score? If we get Hussey or Haddin in the first 4 or 5 overs tonight then I'd expect us to bowl you out for 250 or so, but we all know that those two are capable of building an innings for the aussies.
Depends on conditions tomorrow, if it is sunny then 300 should be gettable by Australia. A repeat of today's overcast stuff and England could roll them for less than 220 if they get an early breakthrough.

As Vaughan always says, not sure what a good score is till both sides bat. I know it is a boring fence sitting answer but it is very true here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just watching the post-rain stuff as I was asleep. Looks like Jimmeh was bowling a lot better. Will surely grab a few wickets tomorrow.