• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bravo channel nine, the most one-sided day's play in a test in ages but "we're not going anywhere. News after play". Back in Perth both sides are getting rolled cheap and they cut to the news.

****s.

vcs

Yeah, this woeful performance is diminishing the glory of India's upcoming maiden series victory in Australia.:ph34r:
India will get bowled out twice <150 in the first Test, as always, having gone in without playing an FC game. :@

hazsa19

International Regular
Well played Strauss.

He almost looks back to his best after a frenetic start. Hes started to leave really well and wait for the bad ball. Quality opener and captain.

Craig

World Traveller
I have to feel sorry for Haddin, for some of the crap bowled wide of leg stump. But deadset, unless a miracle happens and Australia win, surely the selectors the selectors have to resign en masse.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mitchy back on form I see.

Ponting to ton up in the dead rubber SCG match, you can just feel it...
Everything to play for at Sydney to level it (assuming England finish the win here), Ponting won't take losing his third series lightly.

Ruckus

International Captain
Everything to play for at Sydney to level it (assuming England finish the win here), Ponting won't take losing his third series lightly.
This series is different to others though. A draw (with England retaining the Ashes) is basically just as bad.

Providing England close out this match, I'd actually prefer we lose in Sydney (and badly) in the hope some changes might take place. I really don't want us to dominate in Sydney because it will gloss over some of the serious flaws shown by this team.

Burgey

You mean cricket grounds? Easily the MCG, Eden Gardens would be next with 82,000 capacity (thanks, wiki).
You mean there isn't an English ground in the top five or ten capacity-wise?

Shock me. Mind you, look at the way they've played for 130 odd years. No wonder they want as few people as possible to watch it.

hazsa19

International Regular
This series is different to others though. A draw (with England retaining the Ashes) is basically just as bad.

Providing England close out this match, I'd actually prefer we lose in Sydney (and badly) in the hope some changes might take place. I really don't want us to dominate in Sydney because it will gloss over some of the serious flaws shown by this team.
Yes it would not bother me in the slightest if we were to lose at Sydney after retaining the Ashes here.

In my lifetime I can remember something like 3 Test match victories in Australia. Retaining the Ashes would be incredible, I still don't dare to believe.

flibbertyjibber

You mean there isn't an English ground in the top five or ten capacity-wise?

Shock me. Mind you, look at the way they've played for 130 odd years. No wonder they want as few people as possible to watch it.
There won't be too many convicts there watching over the next few days though. :laugh:

Burgey

Just a quick word to TumTum or whoever it is who comes on here bagging Steve Smith all the time.

Lay off, ****. Not in the mood.