• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if today's done anything, it's disproven the theory that Ponting and Clarke aren't really out of form and that they just keep getting out early. Both looked absolutely village.
Clarke in particular looks horrible these days.

flibbertyjibber

Claim the half hour and put the convicts out of their misery.

I presume we only need 4 wickets as Harris won't bat now in a lost cause.

hazsa19

International Regular
Well if today's done anything, it's disproven the theory that Ponting and Clarke aren't really out of form and that they just keep getting out early. Both looked absolutely village.
England have kept them out of form by bowling so well to them. Even at Perth they were dismissed cheaply.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke looked utterly atrocious today. Fair to say that Smith has outbatted Ponting & Clarke today. Not bad for the supposed Weak Link in this batting line up. Clarke needs a rest.

JBH001

International Regular
Ponting on the Pietersen review.
"I had a chance to look at it again last night. I still, in my heart and in my mind, believe that he inside-edged that ball," Ponting told ABC Radio. "I think if you look at the replay properly, in the way that it needs to be looked at, I think everyone will understand that Hot-Spot mark wasn't a long way away from where the ball passed the bat ... but that's irrelevant now. The decision was made and I've got to get on with it now."
:laugh:

What an idiot Ponting is.

Clarke gone and what has Tremlett got to do to get a wicket? Jeez, he has been unlucky.

Burgey

Yep, you wonder with all the media stuff about him over the last few months whether he needs a total break for a month to clear his head and come back fresh for the World Cup.
Yeah I'm not sure tbh. The week his relationship broke up he flew home to end it then back to NZ and made a ton.

hazsa19

International Regular
Yep, you wonder with all the media stuff about him over the last few months whether he needs a total break for a month to clear his head and come back fresh for the World Cup.
I bet Smith will be dropped for Sydney, Katich to replace him and stay down the order.

JBH001

International Regular
That was a nice shot by Smith. He is looking good here. There is still a smidgen of hope for Australia while these two are at the crease.

vcs

That was a nice shot by Smith. He is looking good here. There is still a smidgen of hope for Australia while these two are at the crease.
This is done and dusted and has been for a while now. Just the formalities remain to be completed.