• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

howardj

International Coach
'Shower or two' means 'Fine' basically

That forecast, considering there's a La Nina (sp?) weather pattern over Qld this Summer, is about as good as you could hope for.

pup11

International Coach
All this talk about Watto being used as an important bowling option isn't something that's not going to work.
If Watson is expected to open the batting and then also bowl 15-20 overs in a day,guess then its only a matter of time before he goes down with an injury.
Also something that should be noted is that Watson bowls his best when he hasn't spent much time in the game batting, but after playing a longish innings he is more or less stiff and ineffective when he comes onto bowl.
Anyways... still can't get over the fact that they dropped Hauritz, one just wonders why they kept him around for all this time when they were gonna drop him just before such a huge series.
All these people are being dropped to mask Australia's failures in recent times, but one wonders when will Hilditch's head roll!? He seems to be hell bent on destroying Australian cricket and the sad part is that he is just being allowed to do so.....

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
All these people are being dropped to mask Australia's failures in recent times, but one wonder when will Hilditch's head roll!? He seems to be hell bent on destroying Australian cricket and the sad part is that he is just being allowed to do so.....
Step down? On the contrary mate, he's batting on :laugh:

And Cricket Australia sources say there appeared to be nothing in his way as Hilditch had strong support from the 14-man CA board and also the backing of a core of senior and influential players.

pup11

International Coach
Step down? On the contrary mate, he's batting on :laugh:

And Cricket Australia sources say there appeared to be nothing in his way as Hilditch had strong support from the 14-man CA board and also the backing of a core of senior and influential players.
Well guess.... if that happens we're doomed, but seriously if we lose the Ashes (again) and even fail to retain the world cup, then I don't care how much support he has, his head would roll for sure.
P.S.: Hope it doesn't come to that!! :sweat:

Julian87

State Captain
If Siddle plays ahead of Doug it is /wrists time. That's the exact reason we lost in India the last time round (not this year).

Doug > Siddle by the mile of the ****ing straight.

Bollinger should be the first bowler picked for Australia.

howardj

International Coach
Agree, Siddle is steady and a worthy back up, but in my opinion hasn't come on, hasn't quite developed a killer punch, like I think we all thought and hoped he would.

howardj

International Coach
He is saying pretty much the same thing that most of us have been saying about these selectors for a while now, but still its good to see a high profile bloke like Warney shedding the whole politically correct bull**** and calling out on these stupid selectors....

That's what I like about MWaugh and Warne as commentators. They're not reluctant to criticise either the players or selectors. And nor should they be, it's only a game of cricket. They're not getting stuck into their characters (like we are :laugh: ) but merely commenting on matters cricket.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Siddle plays ahead of Doug it is /wrists time. That's the exact reason we lost in India the last time round (not this year).

Doug > Siddle by the mile of the ****ing straight.

Bollinger should be the first bowler picked for Australia.
He'll play I'm pretty sure. Got through the Shield game alright.

pup11

International Coach
Agree, Siddle is steady and a worthy back up, but in my opinion hasn't come on, hasn't quite developed a killer punch, like I think we all thought and hoped he would.
True, Siddle IMO seems to have gone backwards as bowler since making his debut. Earlier he used to mix his lengths well, get the ball to swing every now and again all of which made him a very bright young prospect.
.....But this whole 'run-in-all-day-and-bowl-aggressively' nonsense seems to have halted his growth as a bowler and he just seems to have become a one length bowler, but Ponting seems to have much more love for him and Johnson compared to Hilfy and Bollinger therefore won't surprise me if Siddle plays ahead of Bollinger.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reckon they'll probably go in with Siddle instead of Bollinger, which will be the wrong move imo. Doherty will play, and I think he'll go well. :)

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
Whats all this talk about Siddle replacing Bollinger?Thats trash it realy is.Bollinger is the most consistent bowler for australia ever since he established his place last summer and his track record is easily better than anyone going around in Aus cricket right now...And he also can 'run in and bowl all day' if thats what it all takes to be a test bowler.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I really, really doubt Siddle will go in ahead of Bollinger (unless he is injured).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle is a bit of a golden child though. The coach loves him. The selectors love him. Ricky loves him. I think we have reason to fear Siddle might play. Don't forget he got undeserved OD games to get top class games into him, and being rested for the shield match is a very worrying sign for us.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor Hauritz, I thought he'd done okay. I'm really pleased to not see him playing, partly because I think it weakens the Aussie ability to rescue the innings if they start to collapse.

If they're picking Doherty to get KP out, maybe they will also drop Bollinger so Swann doesn't have such good footmarks to aim at.