• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus should have a bowl at England tonight. Say around 10 overs. Let Hussey get the double and Johnson can tee off against Swann and co.
Disagree, with more than 2 days remaining, they should increase the lead as much as they can, runs now are easier than runs on the 5th day. Even if they batting until lunch tomorrow, that's 5 sessions they have at England with potentially a 350+ run lead

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
"It could spark something from England"

Like what? The draw is the only good result possible for England from here. Game was gone on the first day. Said Aus would get over 350 but I didn't know they would get this many. But it was only a matter of time until a few batsman converted, which is what Cook and KP should have done.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Disagree, with more than 2 days remaining, they should increase the lead as much as they can, runs now are easier than runs on the 5th day. Even if they batting until lunch tomorrow, that's 5 sessions they have at England with potentially a 350+ run lead
If we can bat for 2 days, they can bat for 2 days. After Hussey gets his ton, have a tonk and then spend the last hour bowling at them and hopefully get an early wicket or 2.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Think I’ve been watching too much subcontinent/middle east cricket. In my mind, days 4 and 5 are the best for batting and you need time, not necessarily a ****load of runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"It could spark something from England"

Like what? The draw is the only good result possible for England from here. .
Agreed, Weather permitting England will do remarkably well to squeeze a draw out of this match from here.

hazsa19

International Regular
But we're not talking about batting for days here. We're barely just past the halfway point of the match/
I'm not saying it was likely we could bat for a draw, but we'de have more chance of batting for a draw over a day and a half than trying to overturn a defecit.