• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Sylvester

State Captain
Foxsports are predicting a 15 man squad would have been 16 if Harris didn't pull up sore. Khawaja, Hughes and Smith expected for that squad.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine your run of the mill club player pulling up in the car at the local ground, probably with a rotten hang over, and he sees Mitch marking out his run. :laugh:
Yeah, it would be terrifying, but if you were that hung over you could ask the skipper not to put you at second slip, so you'd be alright :ph34r:

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
The Age reckons:
Ponting, Clarke, Katich, Watson, M.Hussey, North, Haddin, Hauritz, Johnson, Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Bollinger, Hughes, Khawaja, Harris, Smith/Mcdonald

Nothing surprising, we shall see how accruate they be.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The Age reckons:
Ponting, Clarke, Katich, Watson, M.Hussey, North, Haddin, Hauritz, Johnson, Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Bollinger, Hughes, Khawaja, Harris, Smith/Mcdonald

No shockers then. Does anyone know who's replacing Starc in the Oz A squad? Without him they've only got two quicks, so I would expect Harris or Siddle to come in.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
While medical staff has given him another day to improve, it is considered too big a risk to pick him in the Test side at this early stage of his comeback.

"I've had a little bit of swelling, that's going to happen now," Harris told The Australian. "It's just something I'm going to have to manage."
So They'd either be rid of him and have a 15 man or add someone else, George maybe. I don't understand the whole picking a squad a week out in a home test series, just wait until a couple of days before.

howardj

International Coach
The Age reckons:

Surely Sids won't get a game. He's far from the worst bowler, but the best that seems to be said about him is that 'he'll run in all day". At this point, I just don't think he has the tools to be anything other than a bowler who averages 30. Personally, I'd rank Johnson, Harris, Bollinger, Hilfenhaus all ahead of him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surely Sids won't get a game. He's far from the worst bowler, but the best that seems to be said about him is that 'he'll run in all day". At this point, I just don't think he has the tools to be anything other than a bowler who averages 30. Personally, I'd rank Johnson, Harris, Bollinger, Hilfenhaus all ahead of him.
And Cameron.

Cameron.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No shockers then. Does anyone know who's replacing Starc in the Oz A squad? Without him they've only got two quicks, so I would expect Harris or Siddle to come in.
I think that if they were going to pick Harris or Siddle, they would've done so originally, as they're both ahead of all the bowlers picked in the pecking order. I reckon McKay or Copeland.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So gun. Two players who, judging by the last game anyway, would play Sydney Grade Cricket at full strength, playing for Australia A. NSW FTW. :p
Christ. So we can add Cameron and Copeland to the list of international NSW bowlers, which now reads:

Bollinger
Bracken
Clark
Hauritz
Henriques
Lee
O' Keefe
Smith
Starc

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Christ. So we can add Cameron and Copeland to the list of international NSW bowlers, which now reads:

Bollinger
Bracken
Clark
Hauritz
Henriques
Lee
O' Keefe
Smith
Starc
Cameron's actually played for Australia A before FTR.

And Watson plays for NSW now... :p

howardj

International Coach
- they have named 17 - Ponting, Clarke, Bollinger, Doherty, Ferguson, Haddin, Harris, Hauritz, Hussey, Hilfenhaus, Johnson, Katich, Khawaja, North, Siddle, Smith, Watson.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So they've got a bigger squad than we have for the whole tour?!

How many of these names are influenced by the availablility for the neet and greet session to follow the squad announcement?