• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Katich didn't deserve 50 there tbh. Pretty ordinary knock.

Would love to see Hussey score his first test hundred in donkeys years.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say that cricket in HD is just so awesome. So glad SBS got the rights to this series.

Got a bad feeling about Freddie getting a wicket here.

tooextracool

International Coach
Ha. Just as I come in here to post, Gilly guesting on TMS and is asked about lack of reverse swing for Freddie compared with 05. His reply? "What's happened mate? Has that mint factory gone out of busines or something?"

It's time the whole shoddy business was admitted to by England, and that they owned up to what would otherwise be the inexplicable phenomenon of them actually being reasonably good for a few months four years ago.
Jones had been reverse swinging the ball for half a decade before that series though, with or without Trescothick in the side. One could argue that the lack in reverse swing from Flintoff coincided with the departure of Simon Jones.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Come on Hussey and Clarke 200 partnership to get us closer. Interesting start to the morning it seems, I just got in.

Onions has an interesting action. Puts paid to the idea you should look where you're bowling it.
Aye, a classic Hussey and Clarke partnership would be great.

Well played Huss.

****! Still can't believe Katich got out. What was he doing hitting that ball up anyway? If he hit a 6 he might of had an overload of excitement and quick run scoring....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jones had been reverse swinging the ball for half a decade before that series though, with or without Trescothick in the side. One could argue that the lack in reverse swing from Flintoff coincided with the departure of Simon Jones.
Jeez, just don't bother with Burge and the mints. It simply isn't worth the effort. Proof if ever you saw it that one issue can turn a sane man into the raving lunatic for the ages.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, just don't bother with Burge and the mints. It simply isn't worth the effort. Proof if ever you saw it that one issue can turn a sane man into the raving lunatic for the ages.
It's all right Richard, we feel the same about the first chance average; captains not having an input into bowling because bowlers always know better, yet you knowing better than FC or international cricketers when you speak about the game and those two things not at all being contradictions; and Nasser Hussain apparently being a better Test match batsman than Matthew Hayden. :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Style has little to do with it. I'm normally instilled with confidence watching Katich shuffle his way through an innings. Today I was convinced he was going to get out almost every over.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I'm a bit late in saying this but that catch by Broad has guaranteed him a place for the rest of the series now. :(

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Style has little to do with it. I'm normally instilled with confidence watching Katich shuffle his way through an innings. Today I was convinced he was going to get out almost every over.
Haha yeah I love Katich. At the start of the last few innings I've felt really nervous when Hughes is on strike, hoping he gets a decent score. Then when Katich comes on strike I take a deep breath and relax until Hughes comes back on... :p I was pretty confident in him today, this is his kind of situation. But the more ideal situation is when the person at the other end is scoring pretty quick.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many overs between lunch and tea were there? I was unable to watchthe game for that session?

Hussey gone now too.