Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matt Prior

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Thought that was some poor keeping yesterday as regards to that catch he took in front of Strauss. Very good catct, obviously, but poor decision making by going for it in the first place. Would have gone right down Strauss's throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    He's thus far doing okay but he needs to maintain it for the rest of this series and over a number series and years before the eulogies become too lavish.
    No-one's pretending that he's a brilliant keeper, but the point of this thread was just to reintroduce a little balance into the discussion and I'm pleased that it has succeeded in doing that.

The near-universal slating of Matt Prior after poor performances in two or three Tests has been a masterclass in overreaction, and since that's been the way with Matt Prior it's only right that he gets full credit when he's performed well.

Which, in this series, he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Thought that was some poor keeping yesterday as regards to that catch he took in front of Strauss. Very good catct, obviously, but poor decision making by going for it in the first place. Would have gone right down Strauss's throat.
    True, that. But credit where it's due, having put his knackers on the block by going for it he rescued them with a pretty excellent and athletic piece of work.

I have to admit how I was so suprised that Strauss was spending his time in Prior's' front pocket in the first place. Prior was in good condition for that ball, and I think that the slips should never be set up in a situation that Prior/keeper is ever taking a dive to the right of Strauss, when he's there for the left hander.

Prior's catch of North, was always Prior's. But that dive should have been in front of Strauss.Spread the Trevor Gripper's out more.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    I have to admit how I was so suprised that Strauss was spending his time in Prior's' front pocket in the first place. Prior was in good condition for that ball, and I think that the slips should never be set up in a situation that Prior/keeper is ever taking a dive to the right of Strauss, when he's there for the left hander.

Prior's catch of North, was always Prior's. But that dive should have been in front of Strauss.Spread the Trevor Gripper's out more.
    Completely agree. Prior had it covered, Strauss was too far to the right. Last thing you need is a 'keeper thinking about where the first slip is.

He couldnt go right across Strauss and then pull out... and he was moving that way anyway because of the away swing on the ball.

Nice keeping today by Prior, on a difficult pitch. Great catch off Swann to dismiss Johnson.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information